Help with thermostat housing seal/o-ring size

Jan Larsson

Ready to get everything back together and need to replace the seal/o-ring on the thermostat housing (I got the stainless steel housing) and just like to make sure I get a o-ring that is the correct size and thickness to seal properly.

Anyone happen to have the correct (best) dimensions o-ring to use so I can buy one locally ?

I was going to tell you the Autozone part number but realized you are in UK and probably wouldn't help there.

Maybe you can take the housing with you to the auto parts store there and match it up or maybe a hardware store.

Cheers :) That's my challenge over here .... have to order on-line as there's very few autoparts / hardware stores that carry any sort of selection; heck most of the time they don't even know what they have or are selling when it comes to parts / fasteners or whatever.

I got these p/n 's specs from Rockauto.com you might want to try and order from them.

Brand : Stant p/n 25273
1 9/16'' x 1 41/64'' x 17/64'' 1.83'' O.D.
Brand: Gates p/n 33609 specs same as above

Hey Jan,
I have a S--t load of them so if you need a few let me know & I can throw them in a envelope and mail them over to you. Mike

Make sue you put a barrier coat on the thermostat housing where it goes into the intake mnifold. SS and aluminum dont mix and cause galvanic corrosion on the aluminum.

Make sue you put a barrier coat on the thermostat housing where it goes into the intake mnifold. SS and aluminum dont mix and cause galvanic corrosion on the aluminum.

Yep always do just in case; been on there for 6 years now and came apart pretty easily.