Help with smoking engine

Night_train01

I am looking for advice on solving my smoking engine issue. This problem started the first time I started the car after storing it over the winter. The smoke was billowing out soon after I drove it on the streets.
During the winter I did a little work under the hood, installed new throttle body, valve covers and removed the vacuum block to tidy up the engine. I installed a 1" GN1 plenum spacer, this is where I tapped and ran the vacuum lines. I read a few post regarding faulty PCV valves causing oil issues, I changed mine yesterday with no difference. My car has had the power brake conversion done so of course it requires vacuum, the previous owner teed the brake booster into the PVC line, I did the same thing. I drilled and tapped a 3/8" port into the 1" spacer and this supplies the vacuum for both the PCV and the brakes. I am wondering if this may be the cause of the bad smoking issue., maybe its too much vacuum and is drawing in oil. At idle the car doesn't smoke much if any but as soon as there is a load on the engine the billowing begins. I thought maybe there is oil getting past the turbo and burning in the downpipe, the turbo was working fine when I stored the car.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

My guess would be the turbo more than any of the changes you've mentioned that you made. That's what I'd be thinking, but I have no experience to base it on other than I know turbo seals go, and then there's lots of smoke. :eek:

Check the plugs for oil. If the they are clean it's prolly the turbo.

Pull the downpipe and see if the turbine is oily. If so you found your problem.

Well its BLUE, its not a faint "hey look you have some blow by coming out of your exhaust" this is billowing clouds that completely fills four lanes of the road. I can also see oil oozing from the gasket between the turbo and the exhaust manifold. The turbo will be off tonight and I am sure I will see a mess. I am sure this will be the reason I need to upgrade the turbo. :)

make sure the turbo oil drain is free and clear. If it can't drain it goes out the turbine. I'm with the guys above it's turbo seal or drain related

I removed the turbo, its very sooty on the exhaust side of the turbo, its not oily though, the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler has oil it though.
How much end play should the turbo shaft have, mine has at least 1/16 - 1/8" of play.

Oil into the intercooler and then into the up-pipe, and then burning out your exhaust. The end play you describe means the turbo has some wear, and apparently the seals are allowing oil to blow into your intercooler. You get to have a new turbo! :)

Look for signs of oil in your up pipe and intercooler before you spend the money on a new turbo.

Also pull all the spark plugs and look at them.