help with passenger side door lock.....

NCC1701

I have searched every where and cannot seem to find any info on the problem i am having with my passenger side door lock. The power door lock does not unlock the door. When you hit the power lock switch to unlock the door, the actuator moves the linkage, but not enough to disengage the lock. After you hit the switch to unlock the door, you have to pull up on the door lock (the piece that sticks up thru the top of the door) an additional
1/8th of an inch to disengage the lock.
Is there some type of adjustment that can be done to correct this?
I don't think the actuator is bad, I watched it operate as I operated the switch. The linkage seems like it needs adjusting, but I don't see where I can.
Thanks In Advance:)

Over time the contacts in the switch weaken and with corrosion you don't get a good enough contact. Replace the switch or take it apart and clean the contacts inside. You will need a very small screwdriver and be carefull as the plastic is brittle and can crack apart if you don't take your time. Use a pencil eraser or a thin piece of scrotchbrite to clean the contacts and then stretch the contacts a little bit to improve contact. Reassemble and then reinstall. Should operate like a new switch.:D