Help with my 87 GN

Ryan's87

I ve got an 87 Grand National that is giving me a fit right now...I m looking for mechanics or other turbo regal owners that know their way around the car for some help. I m in the Hampton Roads area. Right now, my car has got a short somewhere and I m looking for someone that knows turbo buicks to fix it. the early symptom was I d get into the car start it and let it run and within couple of minutes it cut off. If you started it and put it in gear or say turned on the headlights it would kill the motor immediately. I ve checked the juice at the battery terminal and its strong so i m guessing it may be connection at starter or in the ignition somewhere. I ve been told too that fuseable links cause the same symptoms when the start to or have gone bad. Looking for some help and or advice. This is really testing my patience with the car.

Yup sounds like a fuseable link. Have an assist hold the brake and ebrake and crawl under the car near the starter and wiggle the wires with it running. It should act up when you wiggle them if they are it. But if they are orginal..replace them...cheap insurance.

Also check positive battery cable for shorting to header or chassis. It goes to the starter and a branch wire to the alt follow both. If you are still SOL maybe crank sensor,ignition module,ignition switch. Would help to swap known good parts with someone else's car.

Also maybe post in general tech or electrical section for more views and replys.
Good Luck!