Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

Done, good luck with the new project!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry Clay had to put my pup down this evening so I didn't get to reading the board till now. Donation sent! As I said before I consider the crew in our community a second family! Looking forward to seeing status updates on the new Wendy as she's built!!

Great idea, I'm in for sure. Great job Scot and Coach. Just another reason I love this group of people. Obviously buying a TB doesn't just get you and awesome car.

X2... im in !!

Donation sent. It is not about the money, it is about people helping people out.

Feeling Happy,
Juan :)

Ok guys, many are asking thru text what our goal is. Our goal ( ScotW and myself) is to get a nice roller and transplant Clay's drivetrain into it. Our goal is not to raise more $$$ then we need. We are looking into several offers and PM guys in the for sale thread. We have had great members offer parts and bodys and sheetmetal, but we really want to go the easiest route and save from several members shipping parts all over. We set to donation fee pretty low and since we have thousands of members, it will only take a small percentage to meet our goal.
You guys are totally blowing me away with your generosity. I really do not care about the other thread nor do I care who is at fault. I do feel that someone had to step up and lead this effort and I have broad shoulders. Scot has the account and means to pick up whatever we end up buying. I personally have not heard from Clay and need to get an idea of what all is destroyed. We need to make a list of items needed that may not come with a roller. This will all take time. For anyone on the fence about donating...dont be. ScotW and I are pretty well known and most kknow that every single penny collected will get to Clay. Also, we will post updates when we can and we will not collect more then we need. We are not replacing a GNX, we are replacing a car that was in need of rust repair, paint, and some other items as I understand it. We need to get him at least back to what he had, and in the process, if he gets a little bonus...I'm sure nobody here will care. He has suffered for 2 years and that is worth a little bonus in my eye.
I think this gesture, made possible from all, will bring a completely different respect to each and every one of us. Everytime I read a theft or accident thread...I think..."What if that were me?" Well I am blessed enough that I could recover, but its nice to know that you guys would have my back if I were struck as tragically as Clay.

God bless each and every one of you.

like I told both scott and coach earlier if things don't go the way you want and you end up adding a shell to clays frame I will offer up the majority of a interior and glass etc.... I know I don't have everything but I could probably help with about 80-90% of the needed parts. they obviously wont be nos parts. but I have every single plastic grey plastic piece, grey dash pad, steering column, console, gn bucket seats as cores, rear back seat as a core, gn lower door panels, gn seat belts, bezels for gauges and radio, sun visors that are better than nothing, head liner board , etc....... I will donate all this stuff for free if you guys decide to rebuild his car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdzz said he would be willing to bring it to bowling green at the nationals and I think he also said he would be willing to bring that tub down that shawn offered up . all you guys need to do is say the word!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST THAT I CAN DO TO OFFER UP HELP..... I'M SURE I HAVE OTHER MISCLEANOUS PARTS TOO THAT I DIDNT MENTION. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS MAKE THE CALL.

PHONE MESSAGE LEFT ON SCOTT W AND COACHS PHONES. GOT A CONNECTION ON A RUSTFREE ROLLER IN NEW JERSEY. CALL ME OR LISTEN TO YOUR MESSAGES
Good talking to you tonight James, Look forward to seeing those pictures and we will go from there.

Thanks Man!

Quick question for Scott & Donnie. If I don't have PayPal (gave it up yrs. ago when I felt they started getting supid with fees), how do I donate? I can't be th only one that doesn't have PayPal? Please, let me know. Thanks

Quick question for Scott & Donnie. If I don't have PayPal (gave it up yrs. ago when I felt they started getting supid with fees), how do I donate? I can't be th only one that doesn't have PayPal? Please, let me know. Thanks
You do not need a paypal account, simply look for the bold lettering saying "Don't have a paypal account?" then look for the words "Continue Here" click that and they will walk you through it step by step..

Thank You for your help!

Hey All, what a very cool thing your doing. Payday's Friday and will donate then! Also, I'm in La Place (New Orleans) and am down for some weekend wrenching too. Most of my tools are in AZ but would be great to meet some of ya down here in the Big Easy! Let The Good Times Roll...
Troy

I'll pitch in a a few bucks later on tonight.

I'm assuming that the roller is most likely going to be a hard top? I would suggest it. My t tops are fixed and I still hate them.

In fear of sounding like a broken record I say that I don't know how to thank you all. I've always known that owning one of these cars was like being in a fraternity. I did not know just how special of a fraternity that it actually was. I've read questions about the current condition of my car. I'm no expert in restoration but from what I see it is unusable. The fire consumed everything in the interior down to metal. Everything is covered in rust, that's what happens when cars burn. The engine and engine compartment items are dang near unscathed with exception of the heater core housing box (that burned just like the interior did), the transmission and rear end escaped undamaged. The fire progressed into the trunk as well. All of the glass is burned out. The outer door skins took damage. The roof and quarter panels were burned and are rust covered. There was IMO extensive rust in the T-Top area but that is why it was at GBP getting worked on. I do not know how it would be possible to get the rust out of all the places the fire caused it. Remarkably the decklid survived!!!