Help!! TV cable stuck in trans, won't pull out!!

jarredsoon

I am installing a 200-4r from my turbo Buick into my 81 corvette. I hooked up the tv cable to the trans by pushing the hook through the eyelet of the tv cable, then screwing in the 10mm bolt to hold the cable down. That was yesterday. Today I went to hook the tv cable up to the throttle linkage on the carb and the tv cable won't pull out. I moved the adjuster in and out but the cable still won't move. Next I removed the 10mm bolt holding the cable onto the trans, pulled up on the cable sheath and can not see the eyelet end of the cable. It is stuck deep inside the transmission.

What do I do to fix this??
I don't want to pull the pan, it has never been off and I know nothing about transmissions.

c1dacabb.jpg

1108498d.jpg

65ae1bdf.jpg

Something in either the linkage or TV valve is binding, the tranny pan will need to come off.

pull the pan.. you want to put a new filter and fluid in it, anyways..

but to fix the cable: push the cable back into the sheathe on the other end.. it's not properly hooked up, and the metal rod that is sticking out is hanging up on a lip inside the end of the cable.

It looks like the rod from the T.V. actuator is stuck above the eyelet on the end of the cable. Disconnect the cable from the carb linkage then pull up on the sheath end at the trans and see if it pulls out.

Ok I soleved this problem. I got a call back from an AWESOME trans vendor and like said above the tv actuator was stuck I side the cable sheath. I didn't notice at first but the sheath diameter is much smaller than the one for my 200. This was the original corvette cable and sheath for a th350. So I cut the plastic sheath apart and got the cable to unhook from the actuator and put on a new tv cable. One that I got from my trans vendor. Much better now.

019e900f.jpg