help the newbie find parts

Ssvalleyboy

Hey guys this will be an on going list, but for now i just want the A-pillar w/ three gauge pods. Does anyone make them in tan or do i have to spry paint them myself (yuck).

FWIW & IMHO:
I don't know if anybody is making them now, but I think that they were made in most colors. Might try Poston's & might want to consider placing an add in the wanted section on this and all other Buick sites (Turbo).

I would try www.kirbanperformance.com for what you seek. Before you do this, however, keep in mind that what you're considering does obstruct your outward vision a bit, plus it looks really ricey for a Buick. What gauges are you planning on adding? IMO you really need only three: a water temperature gauge and an oil pressure gauge which fit nicely in a 2-gauge pod (which Kirban or the aforementioned Poston sells) under the radio, and a boost gauge which you can either mount on the steering column above the turn signal stalk in a cup you can buy from Jeg's or Summit, or in a single gauge pod on the A-pillar which is not as obtrusive. If you're considering getting one of those multiple LED knock gauges, an electric fuel pressure gauge or air/fuel ratio gauge, save your money and put it toward something else-- like a good scantool. ;)

One other thing: hot wire that fuel pump and put a kill switch on the hot wire relay's ground circuit; this will help ensure that what is yours, stays yours. :cool:

Thanks for the advice on the gauge placement (that does look a bit ricey). Direct scan and laptop en route via UPS as we speak.

Drip Pan said:
One other thing: hot wire that fuel pump and put a kill switch on the hot wire relay's ground circuit; this will help ensure that what is yours, stays yours. :cool:
Good advice!

Lotek 3 gauge holder. Color matched grey for the GN. About $45 bucks @ www.gaugepods.com.

Doesn't look too ricey. Just don't slap on a 9" tach and you'll be ok :biggrin:

If it were me I would go for a 15- or 17-row stock appearing stretched intercooler that you'll sometimes find on the Parts for Sale forum. I used to run one and it worked great into the low 11's.