help, suspension

noneed4nos

KWICK 6
Ok so I have been looking at suspension parts lately and I would like your guys input. First off is their any difference in the GNX rear then a GN rear meaning like axles gears anything in particular different of course besides the obvious extra bars, cover and mounts? And second what suspension parts should i go with all around and from where. I want it to be a street drivable 10 second car. Whats your inputs? Thanks

I don't believe internaly there is any difference between the GNX and GN.
HRpartsNstuff "Your WWW performance parts supplier"
Good parts, I drive mine on the street with their sway bar, no front sway bar.
The upper and lower CAs from a number of Buick vendors are good.
IMO, adjustable uppers help set pinion angle. Good lowers help with deflection. HR's rear sway bar helps the car leave straight and flat and does well on the street. You'll spend a little more money going this route but will be good well into the tens/nines and still be very streetable.
Lots of options on springs, shocks, and front suspension items.
HTH

so hr's stuff is the way to go even with their ca's? also what do you suggest with shocks, springs, airbags? whats your opion on the whole suspension and where do buy from for a 10 sec/streetable car? Thanks

IMO, rear control arms are fairly good to go with any vendor.
Savitske Classic & Custom good company, lots of suspension parts
If you go with the HR sway bar you will not need bags. As mentioned earlier no front sway bar with the HR rear bar.
KYB, Bilstiens, QA1s, all good shocks and lots of opinions there. Depends on $ with some options.
Stock springs usually are ok, also depends on how you want your ride hieght.
as for the rest, check out some of the threads by jdpolzin concerning springs/lowering springs, lowering spindles, ball joints, control arms (front), ect.
Lots of guys leave the front alone for racing. If you plan on lowering the car it opens a whole nother can of worms.
Doesn't take a whole lot of mods to get a g-body to hook and go. With some rear suspension upgrades, good tires, and decent shocks you should be good easily down in the tens.:cool:
I'm sure there will be others who chime in with their combos and ideas.
HTH

yea I dont plan on lowering my car and I was planning on using bilsteins and my stocks springs unless someone told me otherwise it would be better not too. I am taking the frame off the body soon so I want to change the suspension parts when that is done at the same time to make it easier. I just need to figure out what to uprgrade and what not too, I basically want to change everything since i do not know what the guy did before so to be safe. I am just not sure where to go?:confused:

If your going with hr parts we suggest stock replacement stuff.Maybe a drag race shock up front if your doing a lot racing.

Why stock replacement stuff? I want to run ten seconds and be streetable but I want everything to hold up yanno?

As far as springs and shock on our turbobuicks monroe,kyb,bilstein,or ac/delco.Now for springs kirban sells a good set not sure what brand and moog makes a few springs for our cars for touring suspension.You dont need anything crazy to run 10 seconds and have a streetable car,replaceing the uppers and lowers and good set of springs and shocks with the hr sway bar will really hold up.When you replace the uppers and lowers you will have all new bushing and thats a big help also.

I'm with Mike on tis one. If you are not running the car at the strip all the time, get stock replacement shocks, stock replacement Moog springs from the parts store.

The HR Bar is awesome and will do wonders for the car at the track. Get a good set of lower control arms and then your pretty much good to go. While the body is off, it's always a good idea to get lower control arm braces welded onto the front arm mounts.

Also a good set of body bushings is a good choice.

Good luck with the project! Sounds like fun!

FUN = expenisve:cool: haha but yea I cant wait to start really digging into this, Im trying to get ideas now and I want to bring it to the track as much as I can but also bring it to cars shows with no problem at the same time yanno? SO go with stock springs, and uppers and lowers from HR with the bushings, and try to get it welded to the frame instead of bolted? Also I will be replacing all the body bushings as well. Any more help?:confused: Thanks

We sell a frame brace kit for the lower control arm bracket were it bolts to the frame,they are $45 for the kit.