Help support E15

87GN_70GS

A letter I got asking for support of E15:
--------------------------
Dear Ethanol Supporter,
There is one week left for you and other clean fuel proponents to actively support one of the most important issues in the ethanol industry today: increasing the allowed ethanol blend to E15.
This is the most immediate way to grant clean, American-made fuel access to a market currently dominated by the oil industry. The nationwide effort sets the stage for Growth Energy Market Development’s aggressive work to proliferate blender pumps across the country and increase the auto industry’s production of flexible fuel vehicles (FFVs).
The ethanol industry must continue to grow if it is to produce enough product to meet the growing demand that more blender pumps and FFVs will create. Three weeks ago, I sent you an email about the biggest obstacle to our industry’s ability to continue growing: a 30-year old government regulation limiting ethanol to 10 percent of a gallon of gasoline in non-FFVs. In March, Growth Energy took the lead and submitted a request to the EPA on behalf of 54 ethanol producers to increase that limit up to 15 percent. Then last month, the National Ethanol Vehicle Coalition united with Growth Energy to form Growth Energy Market Development.
I’m contacting you again to let you know that there is only one week left to the EPA comment period. If you have already sent your supportive comment to the EPA I’d like to thank you and ask that you encourage your friends and family to do the same by sending them to GrowthEnergy.org - America's Ethanol Producers - Support E15. If you haven’t had a chance to send your comment yet, please take a few minutes tell the EPA how important this decision is for the future of our country.
An immense amount of testing has shown that there is no scientific justification for the 10 percent limit on ethanol. In the past two years, multiple comprehensive studies involving over 100 vehicles, 85 vehicle and engine types, and 33 fuel dispensing units have been completed to evaluate the affects of ethanol-gasoline blends above 10 percent ethanol. These studies include a year-long drivability test and over 5,500 hours of materials compatibility testing. This research all shows that emission control systems are unaffected by a 5 (or in some cases 10) percent increase in ethanol content. For more information about the waiver, see the talking points at GrowthEnergy.org - America's Ethanol Producers - Support E15 or see what supportive elected officials had to say by clicking here.
There is only one week left for you to send your supportive comment to the EPA as the public comment period ends July 20. Please send yours today by going to GrowthEnergy.org - America's Ethanol Producers - Support E15.

Thanks for your support of the ethanol industry!

Phil Lampert
Vice President
Growth Energy, Market Development

I'm not sure here but wouldn't putting 5% more ethonal into our gasoline cause a drop in fuel economy in our daily drivers?