help! slippage after filter change

boostmaster

guys help me out, saturday at work i changed the filter and fluid and did the governor mod instructed on another post, and yes i removed the old gasket from the filter. refilled the trans with 4 qts. of dextron and now i have slippage in all gears i can't even get moving without slippage.it's so bad i can't drive the car. i've tried everything even flushing the system with 11.5 quarts with the trans flush, no change. i noticed the flow wheel on the trans flusher was moving very slow as opposed to other vehicles, seems like a serious pressure loss, everthing was working fine before i touched the da-- thing now i'm scared i might have to pull the trans. please help me!!!

Look for a problem up in the filter neck. Forget oring and or seal? that would do it ...

Bruce
We4
www.PTSnctb.com

slipping

bruce i made sure i removed the old seal to the filter and installed the new seal on the new one we are talking about the orange hardened seal on the filter neck right? is there anything else i should look for.

Is the clip on the VB at rear of the filter on top of the filter pushing it down toward the pan? If not that might do it too.

Jim

What about a bad filter, where the filter element was loose and got sucked into the filter tube and resticting the flow.

I remember someone posting about that a few years ago.

David
87GN

Cracked filter

I had a filter that was cracked up the neck {where it goes into the pump and then down to the filter body} cause a situation like your describing. It's like trying to drink a coke thru a cracked straw{ damn i hate when that happens}.

FWIW, mine slipped between 1-2 after a filter change, I also had a problem losing OD most of the time. I readjusted the TV cable to fix the slip, but the real problem was a small piece of the O-ring/seal stuck in the valve body.

Maybe pull the valve body and inspect?