Help on which steering wheel

Tdishon

I have the Twist Machine paddle shifter and it is not compatible with the factory wheel. So... I need to choose. I wanted to go with Momo. I have had the Race and Tuner Momo wheels, but the new color is Anthrocite and it looks gold(not good in my opinion in this car.)
I have here the Jet black on black wheel and the Trek R.
I know I'm leaving myself open for criticism, but would like to here opinions on which one looks better. I like them both...
Momo Jet:
B632E690-E9B5-46DC-8271-DC5E0771798B_zpsjp6niwn8.jpg
2DA0F95E-624D-4693-9120-ED528FA79633_zpsnzawiuhp.jpg

Momo Trek R:
4E96E103-FF00-46F0-9FE9-D55B333F7E09_zpsdpvsoklr.jpg
B8EBFFAF-E861-40D8-B6E8-39889D25136C_zpsborvgdog.jpg

Both are nice but I'm not convinced that "Momo" steering wheels fit well in american muscle cars… When I bought my Chevelle back in 2011, it had a Momo in it and I took it off…

Claude.

I'd go Grant GT before I ever went Mono, but find it hard to improve on the leather wrapped 3 spoke factory sport wheel with that sweet T or tri shield horn button. You know, if you need a wheel, you can still find used originals. But it's your car, do whatever you like(except for Momo). Oou...ehh-ehh

Last edited:
The black one looks nice I think the the other one would look good also if all of the spokes were satin silver instead of the one shiny one. How do you like the dash and what are you using for seats ? Pics of seats please.

not usually a fan of anything other then stock stering wheel but the black one looks pretty good imo

The seats are 2015 FRZ or BRZ seats. I forgot which one. I pulled them out of a factory new car that they were converting to a track car.

On the steering wheel, I have my original in perfect shape. The car has less than 6k miles on it. The factory wheel will not work if I want the paddle shifter...
I had a couple Grant wheels, but the quality is not the same as the Momo. I have a Flaming River on my restovette and it is high quality, but they don't have a design that looks right on this car.

In my Camaro that would look proper, but "going fast w/class" doesn't fit. Not bashing your taste, just my humble opinion. After all who knows if later on you may change your opinion?(I'm too old to change! LOL!)

The Jet does look nice. I like all the carbon wrap you did Turbodean87.
Thank you. 3m carbon fiber roll and an afternoon with a few razor blades. Turned out pretty good. One day I'll do the center console around the hurst shifter.

I'm for original first and foremost but if I was picking from between the two I would run with the black one. But remember one thing..... Its your hotrod

Both look very nice. If you have carbon fiber treatments anywhere else then the black wheel is the one. If you do not have any other carbon fiber on the car then the silver centered one is the one. They both match nicely. Neither would work for a purist but both look great. The silver centered wheel matches the car better as the factory chrome trim of the car and your seats tie it in nicely. There is enough non-chrome metal in the interior of these cars to tie in the non-chrome silver of that wheel. The trim around the AC vents and the door entry plates come immediately to mind. You really can't lose with either but if you have carbon fiber finished trim anywhere else then that black one is the shiznit.

I agree with that statement Nasty Wendy. I don't have any other carbon fiber.The silver centered one seems to match better the stitching is even gray.