help on 20" rims

Here is my turbo limited with the 20s on it. they are 20x8 centerlines all the way around. the backspacing is 3.75 and the tires are 255/35/zr20 nexen n3000s all the way around. the only issues I have is if you hit a real hard bump in the front the inner part of the tire will rub on the inner fender but it is not easy to do. braking is is basically un-effected or at least it feels like it. the rid quality is actually better than stock believe it or not but that also weighs heavily on what tires you put on it. i spend weeks researching a good bang for the buck zr-20 tire and these were new on e-bay for$97 each. tread rating 420AA. a 20x10 in the back will be REAL close so watch your backspacing i think you can do it but these sit just right and dont look offset wrong and the tires dont look all skinny and dumb either.

Attachments

• n601630459_110421_992.jpg
    n601630459_110421_992.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 475
  • n601630459_110420_7930.jpg
    n601630459_110420_7930.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 472
oh yea and thats all with 100% stock suspension. 245s in the front should solve any rubbing issues with hard bumps

thank you

Here is my turbo limited with the 20s on it. they are 20x8 centerlines all the way around. the backspacing is 3.75 and the tires are 255/35/zr20 nexen n3000s all the way around. the only issues I have is if you hit a real hard bump in the front the inner part of the tire will rub on the inner fender but it is not easy to do. braking is is basically un-effected or at least it feels like it. the rid quality is actually better than stock believe it or not but that also weighs heavily on what tires you put on it. i spend weeks researching a good bang for the buck zr-20 tire and these were new on e-bay for$97 each. tread rating 420AA. a 20x10 in the back will be REAL close so watch your backspacing i think you can do it but these sit just right and dont look offset wrong and the tires dont look all skinny and dumb either.

that thing looks beautiful exactly what i wanted to hear bolt on and ride:biggrin:i was thinking 20x8 4.5 bs in front and 20x9.5 4.75 bs in rear. BEAUTIFUL:tongue:

thank you

are those the champ xl series cause those rims are killing 'em

20x10 in rear is no problem , 4.75 BS w/ OEM drums(if my memory serves me correct).... 285/30 or 275/30-20s.

Sixxshot87, your car is lower than OEM by a bit , maybe older spring sag?! It looks great, but its an inch or so higher than some pics of mine when I was dropped 3"

heres a pic of mine....now its another inch lower, this was right after I lowered it, the Moogs settled a lot.

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 481
i should have been more specific about the rim specs but all in the end the net result is the same on the specs. Yes they are centerline champ XLs. When i bought the rims I got them for a deal i paid only $89 dollars a piece new for each rim. the catch was they were 5x135 lug pattern (which fits a 99-03 F150 so I had to adapt them). No matter what though I needed at least a spacer because these rims only come in 5 inch back spacing no matter the width. so I got a 1 1/4 inch adapter from 5x135 to 4/34 that had a thickness of 1 1/4 inches so it made the rims offset just as if the rim was 3 3/4 inches backspacing. the only thing that makes these rims technically TRUCK rims is that they are hub centric not lug centric which means the hub carries the weight not the lugs. but since this is a car with car hubs the lugs carry the weight like normal so everything is safe and all good (centerline said so them selfs) no safety issues whatsoever. I got the wrong lug pattern and just adapted it with billet adapters because of the deal I was getting on the rims.The adapters were $20 each which come with studs and lugs from a company based in phoenix,Az that sells on ebay. the polished 20x8 champ XLs are normally 289 in polished at summitracing.com or 460 chrome in that size so i couldn't turn down 89 a rim from a guy that was closing down his rime shop. i got polished. don't make that mistake though as they get dirty easily always get chrome because of the extra shine and it is stupidly easy to clean. (a hose off and wipe down for chrome as opposed to a mothers power ball and about 2 hours of buffing)

here is the car with stock rims and regular street tires

Attachments

• n601630459_207595_9587.jpg
    n601630459_207595_9587.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 454
just thought I'd bump this...see pic in my signature on the cardomain link.
American Racing 20x8.5...4.7BS 245/35 on front and 255/35 on rear.

well...I could run 245/35 (26") on the front and 275/30 (26.2") on the rear. the series is a percentage of the width of the tire referencing sidewall height.

well...I know I can't clear taller than a 26 on the front with the car lowered. My track setup uses a 275/60 15 which is a 28 in the rear. I really don't think I could get a 28" tire on the back because of how square the shoulder would be on a 20"wheel. I use a 255.35 on the back just because I wanted a 27" tire on the back...ride quality and filling up tire gap.

I'm not trying to start a war around here but your asking this question on the wrong website. Most of the guys around has never mounted 20" rims on a gbody or anything larger. I've had 20's on my ride with no problems and you can have performance with a larger rim but of course it isn't the same as riding with 16's. I'm local and can help you out. As well it would be cool to connect with another local gbody guy. It's all about what you know/who you know & then you can build anything you want

You have good taste! I think I'm starting to like your garage a bit too much. One of the top 5 I've seen posted. Car still looking great too.