HELP - Nobody will insure the GN.

TriShield

Buick Turbo Elitist Pr|ck
USAA dropped the car, claiming it's too old. Progressive won't put anymore than liability on it. I checked into some classic car insurers but they have some truly ridiculous rules about how the car should be used, one wouldn't even allow me to use it to drive to work/school or run errands in.

So those of you who enjoy your GNs in pleasant weather, who insures you?

Full coverage, for what value, etc?

I really need some help here, it's time to break the car out again but not having good insurance is a really killer.

Appraisal

If you get an appraisal, I believe you shouldnt have a problem. At least thats what I had to do, cause I had the same problem. I had it appraised but it has expired their time allowed on an appraisal. I havent gotten another but plan to as soon as I can. Im with traders general, and they arent bad, and gave me a good rate.

i have always

had state farm insurance...................i have classic car insurance on mine with an agreed stated value of 12,000 on my 86 t-type..................all i had to do was show them various adds and articals on the cars.......like the club news letter...auto trader adds hell that was quite a few years ago........................now with ebay i would think you could just show them the grand national site -cars for sale

Progressive insured mine for 15k stated value last year but at $600- a year.. a lot for hardly driving.

So I decided to use grundy & it cost me $220 with all those rules & 15k value.

If you go with classic car insurance make sure you have an excuse if you ever get in accedent. You could say you were heading to or from cruise/show, mechanic, inspection, gas, joy riding.. They allow you to do those things.

Stated is not AGREED

If you don't have agreed value on the policy you wont't be happy when you have a claim. Stated means nothing agreed is the key. I have a musclecar restoration/ performance shop ( Full service mechanical and paint and body) and deal with insurance companies all the time. Trust me if its not agreed value you will get hosed.

I work for GEICO... stated value is nice ( I had it on my GN and have it now on my TTA thru state farm).... BUT if you ever need to use it be prepared to be able to PROVE the value or you WONT get it.. When my GN got stolen Kirbans catalog came in VERY handy!!!

As for GEICO we will write GNs but not in all cases, (found this out thanks to everyone who told me i was wrong when i found our listing of vehicles we wont insure and GNs were listed as are TTAs and Sy/Tys) only if its a secondary vehicle, and your policy has to be evaluated as a good risk by our underwriting department.... otherwise we wont write it.

I have classic/show car insurance on both my cars through State Farm. The GN's agreed value is $23,000 and my TTA $20,000. All for $160 for 6 months on the Pontiac and $140 for the Buick. Not bad...

i have usaa and have an 84 regal on it, no probs yet, usaa doesn't know about turbo cars,, they think they are all jsut regals, i think you should pitch a bitch about that one.
Grant