help no fuel pressure????????????

wicked_TurboLV

wana race my lowrider???
i hooked up the fuel pressure guage and dont get a reading at all the car wont start and was wondering if the line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator is a return line or not. could it be that my fpr has gone bad or is it something else. thanks in advance

That is on the return side. Does your FP cycle when you turn the key forward? If not have you checked at the connector at the rear bumper going to the pump for at least 11.5 VDC?

mang im only getting 8vdc from the back connector of the fuel pump. the key was just turned to the on position so i hope i got the right readings. so what could be the problem to cause it to only put out 8vdc. thanks

but the car turns over just fine. and the battery fired the car right up before. i dont know if changing the battery will do but wont hurt to try. still could it be something else?

Check volts at the back of alternator. Also check your fuse in your hotwire harness. The fuse "should" be in the engine compartment near the drivers side fender area. Your hotwire harness is coming off the back of the alternator, follow it and you should find the fuse.

Are you sure it's the FUEL PUMP that's only getting 8 volts and not the fuel sender?? Also, make sure you are indeed getting a good ground. Hot-wire kit is great, but using the original ground can cause problems also.

I'm assuming that when you turn the key on w/o starting the car that you can not hear the fuel pump running? Correct? If you have a helper, listen under the hood when the key is tturned to the "ON" position. You SHOULD be able to hear the solenoid click on then off. Unless your solenoid is located near the fuel pump/trunk area. Then likewise, listen in the trunk.

ill will have to say the sender is reading 8vdc the one connector that the original fuel pump connector goes to. all hotwire connectors and realays and fuses are good. but now i got the car to start but dies if i dont keep pumping the gas peddal.what is it????

Originally posted by wicked_TurboLV
ill will have to say the sender is reading 8vdc the one connector that the original fuel pump connector goes to. all hotwire connectors and realays and fuses are good. but now i got the car to start but dies if i dont keep pumping the gas peddal.what is it????

The hot wire connector back there is not reading any voltage? Does the hot-wire read voltage at the relay?

ok i took the relay off and checked it with the meter, the purple wire read 8vdc but the red wire gave me nothing. i even tried just conecting thre fuel pump with out the hot wire kit and still it would not stay on. i have to pump the gas back and forth to keep it alive if i try to keep at steady idle it will just shut off. and yes you can hear the fuel pump working.

thanks for all your help guys but i figured it out. while on turbobuick i stumbled upon a thread that read racetronix fuel pump and the first thing i see is a post on how you are suppose to get rid of the pulsator and put a line in for it. when i saw that i remembered changing the strainer and looking at the pulsator all funny because it seemed to be a little to short for the fuel pump. and i probably instaled it to loose. but all fixed now guys thanks to turbobuick.com. ;)

Edgar,
I overnighted that lifter to you so you could go racing, have you had a chance to send the defect back yet so I can get credit for it?