Help Needed With Tranny Dip Stick???

3.8L V-8 eater

Hi, to all

I have had my car apart for sometime. I put in a fresh built tranny and 2800 stall converter. The trans I put in has a TR valve body, but the casing was changed out to a what I believe might be a 700 series. I was told it was universal could work on Cutlas, Monte, Regal, Tr Regal etc.

My problem is after fighting with the dipstick tube I finally got it in and the bracket fastened to the top of the casing. Now the dipstick won't seat flush with the dip stick tube:mad: ... Could this be because of the different casing??? The stick is itleast a full inch from the top of the tube plus the stick has a recess of close to an inch that goes over the tube. I flipped the stick around backwards "no dice" :confused:

Any help here would be appreciated!!
Thanks!!
Tony

I think your dipstick and tube are mismatched. Most dipsticks extend
about 3/4" past the end of the tube when seated, but you would have to remove the pan to check that. :frown: How long is your dipstick
from the tip to the seat of the cap? How far from the end of the tube to
the seat of the cap when the tip touches the bottom of the pan. BTW, are you using a stock pan? What is the number stamped on the dipstick? I am assuming that the parts are stock GM.

Nordbert, thanks for the reply!!

I finally figured out what was going on. After being at a buddies house and looking at the location of the tube on his car, I took mine and bent it to be closer to that location and it dropped in. I didn't bend the tube itself just the bracket that attaches it to the back of the tranny. I guess it got bent maybe when I took it off the tranny that came out.