Help needed ASAP

watz

I installed a new racetronix hot wire kit and Walbro 340 today.

I just tried starting the car and I have 0 psi at the rail. I bypassed the hot wire kit, still nothing. I added more fuel, still nothing. WHat is going on?

1987 Turbo T

Looks like u might need to pull the gas tank and check your pump connections.

Can you hear the pump running at all?

2 Underhood connectors, driver's side by the valve cover. Gray and green. Apply 12v to the GRAY lead. That puts 12v directly to the fuel pump.

Anything?

Good news:

Found the problem, I didn't invert the violet and red wires. Issue fixed ;)

Bad news:

My sending unit still doesn't work (tried the pencil trick) ohms measured good but the gauge is still off.

Also my WOT runs still pop this Walbro 340 was supposed to fix that. Any clues?

Bone stock with the exception of what I did tonight. New plugs, wires, coil pack and Walbro 340 + hot wire kit.:biggrin:

This dang thing... JUST WORK DAMNIT!:mad:

Yup- lower your boost:D

Is it popping cause it's going lean? Sure sounds like it.

Need to tune the car. The 340 and hotwire kit gives you the potential, but you gotta get the tune in....

I can't, that I know of everything is stock. I don't have an adjustable waste gate or anything, unless boost is spiking somehow with a leaky vacuum line of some kind?

Check the small hoses comming off the turbo,going to the Actuator and the boost solenoid if there is a hole of any sort the boost will be to high.

Good luck.

Yea, runs around town fine. Just starts popping in the upper RPM's. I only ran it a little last night (it's int he shop getting new springs as week type.

I can keep it from popping till around 4,500 rpm I would guesstamate.

Unless you want to start replacing headgaskets and bearings, I recommend you do the following:

Get a scantool/scanmaster if you don't already have one, so you can monitor what your engine's doing.

Get a real boost gauge- the dash one sucks.

Get an adjustable wastegate, and lower the boost.

Look for any vacuum leaks.

HTH!

Ditto on what SouthernCal GN said. I had a "popping issue" with my first engine. Notice I said first. Figured I didn't NEED a scan tool and that I could get it set up without one. When I finally got one I realized I was all jacked up. Got it sorted out but had already knocked the bearings out of it. In fairness it was pretty hosed up before I got it, but I sure didn't help it. Moral? Get a scan tool before you go to WOT again, or before you try and make any power for that matter. Damage is being done long before it pops. That's my .02. james

...and the winner is?????

Vacuum hose, intake side of the turbo a little metal elbow with a vaccum line going to the valve cover and somewhere else? Was completely rotted causing over boost. Cut the line 1/8" short shoved it on test drive 10 - 14 psi ran fine. I little hesitation at the top but no more popping or anything real nasty.... So thanks a million fellas!!!

Now on to the leaking gas tank. New front spring and shocks :D

Ohh and I know I NEED a scan tool, but for right now I am just trying to get it moving under it's own power. I am not doing anything over stock until I tear down the motor this year for every seal that has dry rotted. So Yes, I know the scan tool is a must but rolling under it's own power shouldn't be too much to ask...