Help me choose rear wheel width and B/S

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
I am going to order some new rear wheels to put a set of Nitto 275/60/15 drag radials. The wheels will be Weld Racing RT-S. I want to try to tuck the tire in the wheel well a bit and need to figure out what size to order. My question is, will a 15x8 wheel have less tire bulge with said tires than a 15x10? Also since I want to try to tuck it in a bit, will a 5.5 Backspacing work? I have the fender rolled but no frame notch. The only options on the RTS for our setup is 4.5 or 5.5 Backspacing. I think a 15x8 with 4.5 Backspacing and appropriate spacers (if needed) will work. I do not want to notch the frame. Let me know what you guys think or if I should try a different combination. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have 15×10 I like the look lots better than the 8s I have 5.5" bs but using a 1/4 spacer until I frame notch but they fit but tight. I already dropped some but going another 1" or 1.5" but will be tucked. I can get u a pic with of mine with the Hoosier 275 60 if u want

I have 15×10 I like the look lots better than the 8s I have 5.5" bs but using a 1/4 spacer until I frame notch but they fit but tight. I already dropped some but going another 1" or 1.5" but will be tucked. I can get u a pic with of mine with the Hoosier 275 60 if u want
Thank you. A pic would be awesome. So you think with my fenders rolled, 15x10, 5.5 bs, a spacer and no frame notch I can tuck in a bit? I really don't want to rub. That is why I was thinking of going with a 15x8 instead. I don't want a rake look to the car either. I just want it to tuck a bit.

Mine are rolled and got them to fit I probably have around a 1/4 + clearance. But I were going to buy new like you I would notch and get the 10s. Mine has a little rake but dropped about 3" in the front. But I got drop the rear some more too. With my suspension its not going to be moving as much like stock.

Here ya go!! Like I said I going to bring the rear on down some more too.

Attachments

• 1418951415562.jpg
    1418951415562.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 3,518
I would like to place the order in this week. Any more opinions would be greatly appreciated.

15x8's use a 4" backspace 15x10's use a 41/2 back space. mine are 15x9's with 4 1/2 back spacing and lowered, only rolled the lips slightly.. they do not rub… and they are 275-60's
IMG_0245.JPG

I'm guessing the 8 " rim with 4.5" bs will be a problem. I bought a rim but haven't tried it on yet. If this is the case should I just go for the 10" wide rim with 4.5 bs?
The rim I'm going with are from Jegs. It's their sport mag design.
Any info would be great!

the 15x8 with 4.5 back spacing sucks the rim in to far and doesn't look right (in my opinion) t hats why i had 4 inch on the 15x8's when i had them on mine with 275-60's. no rubbing anywhere and didn't roll the lips either...

What sucks is they don't have it with a 4"bs.
Do you think going 10 " wide with 4.5 bs would work?

Can new rim that my wife bought me have a 7.25 B/S..... The rim says 15x10, 4.75 and B/S 7.25................ On my other set it is a 17x9.5 4.75 rim whole B/S 4.5 Centerline wheel... The tires are 295/45/17r... no rolling or notch on frame

15x10 with 4 1/2 will work...

What he said is correct. a 15X10 with a 4.5 back spacing will work. What I do is look at the gbodyparts website and reference the backspacing info they have on there. I'm also going to buy 10 inch wheels for my rear (not sure what style though, im on the wheel thread looking at different types). I just don't know what the wheel bolt pattern is. Good luck, when you install them can you share some pics please.

texas, the wheel bolt is 5x4.75in .... My wife bought me another set of rims for the track 15x10, 5x4.75 and B/S 7.25.... Never heard of that spacing

here is what mine looked like with the 15x10's with the 4 1/2 back spacing….these rims are the aluminum ones from g-body parts. ….i wouldn't be able to lower the car at all with out rolling the lips….i have had numerous rims and tires on this car trying to find the look i want for this car….i have found the perfect size i like. not sure if i will stay with the welds that are pictured above or not…..
IMG_0163.JPG

Last edited:
like i said i think the perfect size for me is the 15x9 with the 4 1/2 back spacing. just had to roll the lips slightly so i could lower it where i wanted it. from the center of the wheel well opening to the ground measures around 27 1/2 inches…I'm really happy with the stance now