help identifying a missing part

airforceone

DON'T GET NONE ON YA'
on the passenger side head below the hole on the valve cover, there is a hole in the head about the same size, it looks like something with one bolt hole goes thers. what is it and what does it look like and do?

I think it's the bolt hole that attaches a heat shield that goes between the oil breather and turbo.

Originally posted by gofstbuick
I think it's the bolt hole that attaches a heat shield that goes between the oil breather and turbo.
that heat shield bolts to the back of the turbo bracket, right under the two rear bolts for the turbo heat shield.
allious, are you talking about the front of the head?

tommy

There is a recess in the head about the size of a quarter. That is the freeze plug. Oh! Oh! I'm sorry, I meant the expansion plug. If that is really missing, then your car must be running hot, or not at all.

Brian

If its a threaded hole your'e looking at then nothing goes there. On each end of both heads there are three holes to mount the accessory brackets and ground wires. On the front of the RH head only two bolts are used for the turbo mounting bracket. On the back two bolts are used for the wiring harness grounds. On the front of the LH head all three holes are used for the A/C,P/S ,gen and belt tensioner brackets and none of the rear ones are used.