help convincene to build my tr

85 TR

i have been down for awhile with a blown motor and am having a hard time making the buick my race car instead of my mitsubishi . The galant has just been so much faster with so much less money and it wouldnt take much to make it faster then the buick would be with alot more money . I need some convicing that the buick should be my race car instead of my galant .

Because imports are boring. :)

Honestly I really don't know what to tell you, those Galant VR-4s are pretty damn nice and no one can accuse you of being a ricer. I mean, at least it's not an Eclipse.

i sold my eclipse to buy the galant but from what ive seen if you own a 90-94 ( fisrt gen eclipse) you bought it to race not to rice .its the guys with the 95 and ups that kill dsm's . i would love to build my t-type but i dont see many guys going low 11's on straight pump ( no meth inj) with buick's and there are plenty of honda and mitsu guys doing it, and at less cost. I will never sell my buick but if it is not going to be faster, then it should b my daily driver?

Put 5 adults in each and see which one is quicker.

Keep both, race both, and drive both. Allows you to take part in two different camps!

i sold my eclipse to buy the galant but from what ive seen if you own a 90-94 ( fisrt gen eclipse) you bought it to race not to rice .its the guys with the 95 and ups that kill dsm's . i would love to build my t-type but i dont see many guys going low 11's on straight pump ( no meth inj) with buick's and there are plenty of honda and mitsu guys doing it, and at less cost. I will never sell my buick but if it is not going to be faster, then it should b my daily driver?

Granted the new factory rice rockets are getting nicer and nicer each year, but you are absolutely out of your mind bud. You're telling me, that little japanese 4 cylinder cars, are going low 11's on pump, but not alot of buicks?? Are you kidding me? Theres no WAY a pump gas ricer will compete with a pump gas turbo regal. And DEFINITELY not for less money man. Sure, turbochargers are nice, but when all is said and done, at the end of the day, theres STILL no replacement for displacement. I talk to a lot of import tuners, and their eyes open up like saucers when I speak of our turbo sizes or boost levels. One kid that threw his own turbo system on his cavalier almost fell over when I told him about our 3 bar map sensors for our maftpro's. Even if they could hang with our cars, it's DEFINITELY not for less money I can tell you that. Plus, whats an 18 year old kid gonna do, when he opens the hood of that 2006 wrx sti. He's not going to recognize the difference between a ball joint and a ball bearing underneath that hood. If that kid so much as drops that socket head in that engine bay, forgetaboutit. It's gone. Those engine bays are soo cramped it's crazy.

Plus, any aftermarket parts for those new complicated cars aren't cheap, and it would be 9 hours before that kid got that stock turbo out of there. I could change a turbo in my car in an hour. I know guys with next to nothin in their buicks, runnin low 11's like its' goin outta style. Not trying to demean the ricers, but there's just no comparison.

Try this. Go hang out on the lancer or wrx boards, and check out their signatures. See how many parts they have added, and look at their times. Now go troll our board and check out these guys' times. I'm on several boards, and I can tell you, that noone has quarter mile times like the ones on this board. My car beats mid 13 second mustangs quite regularly, and I'm the slowest car in our little TR world here in detroit, by a full second and change. I think you just had a stroke of bad luck and got discouraged. Don't worry, you'll get it back up and runnin. Ask these guys here around you, how many times they've had their engines out of their cars. I bet you theres probably more than a handful of men here, that could yank their engines in 90 minutes or less. Trust me, the average honda or mitsu isn't beating the average TR. Get your car up and runnin, and make it happen man.