Help Car Doing Crazy Things

cimi4749

ok i was driving around normal boost... everything normal.... all of the sudden the car starts to spudder and hesitate when i get on the gas at any rpm... i have no scan tool... it idles fine and when i floor it it spudders and then opens up no problem... i found a vac line that was loose and connected it to where i though it should go but that did nothing... i am a complete nuebe with this thing so i dont even know what to look for.. HELP ill take pictures of the engine bay if that helps u guys. thanks a lot

Could be the MAF. with the car idling lightly tap on the MAF if your idle changes then that is it. Also try it with engine around 2k rpm.

check all of the intercooler and turbo hoses. I have blown mine off while under boost and it still runs but is hesitant..

yeah i did the MAF screw driver tap test... she choked up real quick.... i dont have enough till next week to get an LT1 MAF and translator... what do you think i should use... autozone?? thanks a lot guys

I use A1 Cardone.
Just get the correct core there are several different styles/ones floating around under the same part#.

The stock MAF was straight through with no "hourglass" shape, no lip on one end inside, and the elec connector will be straight down 90 degrees off the body, the threaded holes are molded in the sensor not riveted.

The one before last I had to get 3 before the correct one, and the last one was right the first time. Lifetime warranty...good luck

I have a used original (to sell), if you're interested. All screens are still intacted and it was one of the last ones purchased in 1996 or 7. I had a GM dealer do a major cross country search for that unit. I have since changed to translator and no longer need it. PM or email if interested

my car was doing exactly the same thing at one point in time scan tool showed the o2's to not be moving hardly at all (5 millivolts per update)

the car eventually got to the point uit wouldnt drive over 20 miles per hour on the way to the shop and it was the MAF

Please help me too. My car runs great at half throttle but any more than that and it'll just fall on it's face, ie. stumbling and such. Are you guys sure it's just the MAF? If so do you think it would be better to switch over to a Lt-1 MAF, what are the advantages over stock? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

there really is no way to fix the problem without finding out what the problem is. To do this you really need a scan tool and someone who knows what they are looking for. If you are in my area, I will be more than happy to help you out.