Helmet recommendations

would you really trust a $35 helment to save your life ? prolly costed them 5 to make

Hard to say really. The shell is made from very strong material. If I were on a bike I'd definatlly go with something better. For right now it will suffice for what I do with the car.

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass ... just looking out for your safety man .... and I know your answer wasn't ment to be smart back .... ive seen my buddy crack an old open face helmet in the back. Do I think he would have survived if it didn't crack no I don't ... a part of his cage broke an went through his back .... it was only an 1/8 track an it was a tommy mooney chassis car

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass ... just looking out for your safety man .... and I know your answer wasn't ment to be smart back .... ive seen my buddy crack an old open face helmet in the back. Do I think he would have survived if it didn't crack no I don't ... a part of his cage broke an went through his back .... it was only an 1/8 track an it was a tommy mooney chassis car

I didn't take any offence nor did I intend any. I know expression over the web can sometimes come across different than what is intended or seem short. Believe me, if I had the dough to buy a safer helmet I would. Really like the simpson you posted, Awesome job on the custom work! :)

Also very tragic to hear of your friend.

I bought a G-Force helmet new from their ebay store for $175 shipped. Can be used for bikes, drag racing, go karts, etc. SN2005 rating.

I have raced karts and ridden motorcycle throughout my life and have always worn a Simpson helmet. Wrecked my motorcycle a few years ago and went head first into a guardrail. Destroyed the helmet by saved my life. I prefer and recommend Simpson

I run a hjc carbon fiber snell 2005 motorcycle helmet (i have bikes and sleds too, bought one good "do-everything" helmet). Hjc's are good bang for the buck. I work at a motorcycle shop part time and get all last years closeout colors at blowout prices. Retail was close to 450, I think I paid 220. If you search at motorcycle outlets there's some bargains to be had. I would definately stick to a brand name though (bell, shoei, arai, hjc, joe rocket etc). I dont have any kids yet so my squash aint worth simpson-money!

got it got this from summit for around 100. I'm happy with it my helmet for off-road is more pricey at 300
image.jpg

I went with a Simpson bandit helmet. Great helmet and would recommend to anyone.

I got a g-force

Attachments

• 1415570102121.jpg
    1415570102121.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 1415570123712.jpg
    1415570123712.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 129