Helmet recommendations

czimpel

Boost...gotta get some!
Where is the best and most reasonable place to buy a certified helmet for drag racing?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nothing special, just so I can take my car to the track.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

i prefer the open face better than full face for racing my car,i picked one up on ebay for $175.im only runnin 12/13s though.

Simpson is the only choice for us. My girls raced jr dragsters for years and Simpson was the best we found. Great company to deal with also. Price, well never really looked for anything but the best:cool:

I bought a Fulmer on ebay, it was less than $60 and has a good snell rating for the next 5 years.

got my simpson helment from summit ... was 500-600 bucks bought it white an painted it ... think its called an xp drag. Has the neck skirt incase of a fire very comfortable

1,200 paing job I got it for $250 bux the guy on the back is the doctors uniform they put on to tret black plague patients

got my simpson helment from summit ... was 500-600 bucks bought it white an painted it ... think its called an xp drag. Has the neck skirt incase of a fire very comfortable

1,200 paing job I got it for $250 bux the guy on the back is the doctors uniform they put on to tret black plague patients

thats one bad a$$ helmet,i think their could be a whole nother thread started on for the best painted helmets.

Damn that is nice:cool: We have used Simpson for years, just the best:D

thanks a lot ... I sketched it out ... I can draw a lil ... but it was exactly what I wanted ..... I want the safest for me since I have 2 kids waiting on me at home! skimping out on safety is just the wrong idea for me. Im going through a lot of changes with motors. my next investment is roll bars in my 48k mile GN

thanks a lot ... I sketched it out ... I can draw a lil ... but it was exactly what I wanted ..... I want the safest for me since I have 2 kids waiting on me at home! skimping out on safety is just the wrong idea for me. Im going through a lot of changes with motors. my next investment is roll bars in my 48k mile GN
Its funny how we think more about safety when we get older.o_O I remember when I talked my wife into letting the girls race jrs, there was a long list of must haves and the brain bucket was one.:D We go to a national event every year and the Simpson rep knows my girls by name:rolleyes: I think the last helmet was around $400 and they are good for 15 years, that's $26 a year. :confused: Oh an they always bought there own helmets and take real good care of there investments:D

I went 160 in my ss vert Camaro top down when I was young .... young and dumb ..... my brother passed away this yr to someone steping out infront of him on his Harley ... so it makes me think a lot more

Great job on that helmet!

i bought a racequip,same price as g force,but is also DOT rated. seems nice haven't used it yet. it was 266$ shipped
Maybe "cheap" wasn't the right word to use. My old Shoei motorcycle helmet was out of date. I have seen racers use a freakin off road helmet! o_O

Used a G-Force in roundy-round dirt track racing. Bounced my head of the cage a few times and taken the occasional car part in the head and I haven't shown any signs of retardation-ation-ation-&@$$#. Seriously I have been more that happy with it.