Hello

blackbox

Hey all, just saying hi. I've been on the site for a while but just recently bought my first gn. It has minor problems like the decal placment but in all an alright car for my first gn. Im in the Air Force and live in Dover DE so if anyone every wants to hang, it would be great to get advice for vet. buick owners.

Attachments

• buick 1.jpg
    buick 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 196
  • buick.jpg
    buick.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 160
Welcome to the board, all the info you'll ever need about GN's is here. How long you been in the Air Force?

blackbox said:
i've been in the air force about a year.

Hey man (dont know why I didnt see this post earlyer) Not sure if you know about the local club yet but check out www.magnabuick.com its a big local buick club. If your up for it on sunday we are having a meet at the hooters in New Castle, DE.Check out the magna section on turbobuicks.com youll see a thread about the meet should be a good time :biggrin:

I retired from the Air Force in 2001, AFSC 2W0 Munitions Systems. Didn't get a GN until after I got out, didn't want to store it everytime I left the country or leave it with relatives.

peteraq1 said:
I retired from the Air Force in 2001, AFSC 2W0 Munitions Systems. Didn't get a GN until after I got out, didn't want to store it everytime I left the country or leave it with relatives.

I just bring mine with me...it's in Germany now. Paying to ship it sucks, but having a Turbo Regal in Europe is fun!

Rob

Now thats kewl a GN on the autobahn. Don't let those fast VW's get to you over there. Are you going to Spang or Rhein Mein, Ramstein? I was at Bitburg for 4 years.

Alonzo

peteraq1 said:
Now thats kewl a GN on the autobahn. Don't let those fast VW's get to you over there. Are you going to Spang or Rhein Mein, Ramstein? I was at Bitburg for 4 years.

Alonzo

I've been here at NATO Air Base Geilenkirchen for 11 months now. I just made Chief so I am being sent back to the states in August...location unknown, but I am sure it will be some place I don't want to go (especially compared to where I am now).

Oh yes, Rhein Main closed the gates.

And you are right about the TR being able to be embarrassed on the autobahn by many small cars. But the TR is out of it's element on the 'bahn.

What is incredible over here is the performance of the diesels. The BMW 535 diesel goes 0-60 in the low sixes and still tops out at 155 mph (or so), whle getting in the mid-30 mpg. I wish the EPA would let me bring one back (especially since the torque is incredible).

Rob

Congrats on making CMS!!!!!

It doesn't matter where you get assigned GN guys all over the country.