Hello - Hoping to be a new owner soon

robertmee

Hello from the Southeast! Long time American Muscle car enthusiest dating back to my '69 chevelle during my college days. Got interested in GNs back in the 80's when one of my friends had one and he was routinely spanking all th 5.0s and even some built 60's muscle. My most recent 'muscle' was a '63 300 w/ 413 crossram, but had to sell that 4 years with a new baby on the way (traded it in on a Pacifica :eek:). Missing the car shows and track runs and have been looking to get back into pro-street. I've had a couple of back surgeries so I think I'll skip the hard riding 60's muscle w/ bblocks and go for something a little smoother and I thought back to the 80's and remembered the GNs. Glad to see such a passionate following still today.

Soooo....I've been looking around for a couple of months and have found an '87 WE4, stock (has a perf chip), 72K miles. No T-Top options and aftermarket wheels, but I believe the original wheels are still there. Interior immaculate, decent paint. Not having a 'GN' doesn't bother me and in fact I like the idea of something a little unusual. The '63 300 convertible was one of only 1400 made and I liked it that way.

I hope to be successful in my pursuit. I would please ask for some help in valuating a stock WE4. For an average to above average car at 75K miles, no rust, what would be a good starting point in price?

You can look at previous threads to get an idea! Most guys like pics over here so take a few shots and post it and maybe some of the big dogs will chime in. Look in Cars for Sale section. Good Luck!

Hello from the Southeast! Long time American Muscle car enthusiest dating back to my '69 chevelle during my college days. Got interested in GNs back in the 80's when one of my friends had one and he was routinely spanking all th 5.0s and even some built 60's muscle. My most recent 'muscle' was a '63 300 w/ 413 crossram, but had to sell that 4 years with a new baby on the way (traded it in on a Pacifica :eek:). Missing the car shows and track runs and have been looking to get back into pro-street. I've had a couple of back surgeries so I think I'll skip the hard riding 60's muscle w/ bblocks and go for something a little smoother and I thought back to the 80's and remembered the GNs. Glad to see such a passionate following still today.

Soooo....I've been looking around for a couple of months and have found an '87 WE4, stock (has a perf chip), 72K miles. No T-Top options and aftermarket wheels, but I believe the original wheels are still there. Interior immaculate, decent paint. Not having a 'GN' doesn't bother me and in fact I like the idea of something a little unusual. The '63 300 convertible was one of only 1400 made and I liked it that way.

I hope to be successful in my pursuit. I would please ask for some help in valuating a stock WE4. For an average to above average car at 75K miles, no rust, what would be a good starting point in price?

Go to your user controls and add some info please. Location would be a good thing if you'd like help with checking out the car you want to buy. Most of the guys here are more than happy to help but we need to know where you're located. Go to your state section as well and say hi so the guys have a better idea of who you are. Welcome aboard.:biggrin:

Since you're in NC you're in the same state as the boards owner. SGRIM and JayC can probibly tell you if you've found a good car or not. Several of the other board members are from NC as well. Good luck.