Heater Core Needed 87GN

Mercury7

Heater Core Needed 87GN
Does anyone know where to order a correct replacement GM Heater Core for an 87GN with A/C?

The cheap stuff is around everywhere all day long, but the usual vendors are all out and don't know when (if) they will have them available again.
(NOS4GN, RockAuto, etc...)

Thanks in advance for any direction.

I got mine from Advance auto, and it works great, I put it in 2 years ago. So check them out, I believe I paid $40 for it.

Good luck.

I got mine from Advance auto, and it works great, I put it in 2 years ago. So check them out, I believe I paid $40 for it.

Good luck.
Thank You Sniper.

Do you remember which Manufacture you chose?
I'm guessing that the unit you got back then still came with the Brass fittings.

Those have become very, very difficult to find.

I don't recall on the brass fittings. Hard to find? give Advance Auto a call, and ask for the heater core, but ask them for a Regal, I beleive its the same.

Thanks again Sniper.

I should have said that the original replacement units are very hard to find these days. Finding a NOS one is probably pretty slim chance these days.
One of the most reputable vendors here took the time to further educate me the other day and said that if they get the original units in stock again their price will be around $100 simply as a result of supply and demand. I think he said they were selling them in the $40 range about a year ago.

Thanks very much for the link to 1A Auto.
My stubborn quest continues...

Thanks again Sniper.

I should have said that the original replacement units are very hard to find these days. Finding a NOS one is probably pretty slim chance these days.
One of the most reputable vendors here took the time to further educate me the other day and said that if they get the original units in stock again their price will be around $100 simply as a result of supply and demand. I think he said they were selling them in the $40 range about a year ago.

Thanks very much for the link to 1A Auto.
My stubborn quest continues...

Well if you get original units in again shouldn't it reflect what the cost is to re-sale???

I have a trunk load of used originals that we pulled from low milers over the years. Just couldn't toss em they were too nice. I just sent one up to old Steve Yaklin from Max effort. $40.00 guaranteed good.
That is one of those deals either e-mail me or call in.

I also have a low mileage stock heater core. I'll sell it for $40 shipped.
CIMG0483.jpg

CIMG0482.jpg

CIMG0481.jpg

Attention MeanMike

I saw on the other forum another seeker of a stock 87 GN Heater Core.

Curious if yours is still available?

Yes, it's still available.

Have the person email me at edwardsmt at gmail.com