Headrest Removal

pwrsix

I have been trying to remove my headrests and have had no luck. My car has seat covers that I want to take off but they were installed by removing the headrests. I even have a special tool that was used to remove the headrests by the previous owner. I just cant get it done. I have tried from the back seat and the front seat. I have read about "how to do it" on this site and still no luck. What am I doing wrong?:mad:

I use a saw blade, about 12 inches long, 1/2 inch wide, push down the front part of seat, push the head rest down almost an inch from seat, then push blade tool further down, LIFT Headrest... the blade should be bendable, there is a little bubble that holds it in place, put tool in trunk under carpet pad

Just my knowing on this issue

Just tried this tonight and no you do not push the seat forward and go down with a saw blade. You get an old slim jim and go down the front of the headrest (underneath the front) takes about 2 seconds and it comes right out. DO NOT GO AND TRY FROM THE BACK OF THE HEADREST! Only from the front. And the covers are a little hard to get off and on but there is a brass stopper piece where the zipper ends remove that piece and you'll have more clearance to slip them on. Might have to pull and yank a little bit but they will center correctly. Also there is a light piece of dryer type paper in there? Not sure how that gets put back in? Maybe spread it out on top of the headrest inside? Just my 2 cents on this.

P.S. It can be a major pain the ass if you don't know what your doing? LOL:)

this was tool I made out of old bracket just bent it to get in there and go in on front of post worked great

image1 11.jpeg