Headlight Kit vs. LED Tailight Kit

Quick Chick

Hey all... I had picked up the headlight kit along with an LED tailight kit from GNS. Everything went fine on the install (aside from it just being a pain in the you know what) - And all was well with the world. I had seen some posts that guys had some issues or trouble with the LED tailights. And my reason for this post is I hadn't seen a combination of the headlight kit and tailight kit installed together with any issues.

I had some issues. I noticed that I had 2 LED bulbs in my tailights on when the car was off. I obviously was getting a draw from somewhere. Scot from GNS hooked me up on all new boards thinking this may be the issue. I installed them and had the same issue. And the bulbs that would stay lit would travel. I was determined to find the issue because I really liked the tailights.

I took out the headlight kit and checked the tailights for 3 days. No draw. No lights on. I installed the kit again, went to work and when I got home I had 2 lights on again.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. But clearly, the combination of these two is sending a draw from somewhere. A friend of mine said I should put a resistor in, being that with LED lights there usually can be a draw from somewhere.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with both kits?

You say Headlights ...Do you mean front bumper marker lights LED kit ?

Also, why havent your got back in touch with Scott hes got great customer service and a good guy to boot?

You say Headlights ...Do you mean front bumper marker lights LED kit ?

Also, why havent your got back in touch with Scott hes got great customer service and a good guy to boot?

Not the front marker LED lights... I am aware of the issues with those... I mean the actual upgraded headlight kit Kirban sells.

And I was in contact with Scot the whole way thru, he is great. We both agreed even when I found the problem, the combination of the headlight kit with the tailight kit is an issue.

I run the same exactly kits with no issues. Is there anything I can help with?

Oh really? Hmmm.... Because I've gone over this thing 3 times. Me and Scot were both stumped on the draw.

I run exactly what you are talking about LED brake lights LED blinkers and Kirbans headlight kit and have experienced the same problem. I personally noticed it after washing my car so thought maybe I had a short in the wiring somewhere. But as long as car stays clean I haven't noticed those 2 little LED lights that stay on????

I wonder if you added some load to the headlight circuits if it would change it? Like some of the dummy loads

I have the2 heavy duty ... One as per the LED tailight kit and another... Still didn't help. I even talked to Spaghetti about the tailights and they told me it doesn't take much to get a draw... I've gone over the system twice now, same issues. Any tips? We have checked every bulb and ground. I did also put LED marker bulbs and dome lights in. Any time I putthe headlight kit back in, BOOM there goes a light on in the tailight only

Dummy loads are NOT the Flashers. I'm saying you wire in resistors aka dummy loads, thus adding more electric load. So u have all the led lights and the dummy loads and then try it. Add the dummy to the headlight wiring.

Last edited: