Heading to Austin any suggestions?

2GNS4ME

Hey All,

We are thinking of moving to Austin long term plan since we heard good things about the place for family living. We wanted to check it out and see what the hype is about. We are staying on the east side near 6th st. Any suggestions what to do with the family? Any car shows coming up this week that I can meet locals?

Thanks in advance,

Denny

There isn't room for another T-Type / SRT8 Jeep owner buddy so look else where... :) J/K City is great, check out South Congress, The Domain, The Blanton (w/the family), see the Bats Fly @ Sunset and check out this site for general car stuff...

http://www.motoraustin.com/events/

Make sure to get some real Mexican food rather than the usual stuff.;) The out of the way places are usually much better than the big resturants (sp) that you see. If you're daring ask for the real salsa rather than the stuff they put on the table, but be prepaired for the top of your head to sweat.:D That's the good stuff.:cool:

If you're going to be around on sunday sept 2nd.....but the austin cars and coffee starts around 9am and lasts til about 2 pm.....usually about 200 or so cars show up....i'll be down there, not sure which car i'll be driving, but either look for the 87 we-4 or a gold 78 trans am.

Thanks guys just arrived. Heading out to Gingerman in downtown to meet a friend for drinks. Im renting a house on the east side. Near 6th and Waller? Little Yuppi but nice people. Going to check out some neighborhoods and site seeing!

If you're going to be around on sunday sept 2nd.....but the austin cars and coffee starts around 9am and lasts til about 2 pm.....usually about 200 or so cars show up....i'll be down there, not sure which car i'll be driving, but either look for the 87 we-4 or a gold 78 trans am.

Hey I'd like to come out and meet some Turbo Buick guys this because I'm starting my full E85 conversion and I'd love some tips!

Here is my car: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.434724303237349.92122.100000993492856&type=3

Where is the cars & coffee and when do people usually show up?

200 W Willis St, Leander TX 78641 .....its about 15 minutes or so north of you off 183(not the 183a toll road) people usually start showing up at 9:15 if you want a good parking spot.....and is packed by about 11 ish