Headers??

There have been guys who have run in the 9's and low 10's with a modified ECM, famed TR guru ron joseph's stage 2 car has gone low 10's with a stock ECM but I think he popped a gasket with some high boost. So IMO for whatever its worth I personally wouldn't risk a stage 2 motor and all that money on the parameters that someone put in a chip for you.

An aftermarket engine management system like FAST would be the way to go IMO for peace of mind.

Again just my thoughts, do what suits your needs and car.

Rich,

Thanks for the feedback, i forgot about Ron's popped headgasket. Jack also said he melted a piston:eek:

Huh didn't know he melted a piston, I heard about the gasket, guess she got pretty hot/lean in there. Then again he's seems to be hell bent on the double pumper and stock fuel lines, maybe she ran out of fuel.

Sure he will be back racing soon.

Dr. Boostenstein...

David Poppe aka Dr. Boostenstein from Ohio runs a stock modded ECM. He has put down some 9.70's if I'm not mistaken. I believe Red does all his computer work. However, he does go thru quite a few hard parts...

Re: Note for Kendall

Originally posted by Two Lane
Have you been to the ATR facility on Hwy.11 in Fair Play, S.C.?

I was there last week, & the twin-turbo GN is 20 feet inside the front door.

No misinformation from me!

:)

Guys, lighten up, OK? That's why I put all the smileys in my last post...maybe I'd better use some more. :) :)

Two Lane, your last post was immediately after njturbo's and seemed to say "Yep, ATR makes twin headers for stock style heads that fit with stock accessories"..which is what Ted asked for. They do not.

Originally posted by KendallF I don't know if ATR has anything
<---as far as the car, I said "I dunno".. :D I am happy that ATR has a twin car and yes, I have seen it in their catalog for years. Now they just need to bring it out of the front door once in a while! :D

Originally posted by njturbo
Gee Kendall, i am looking at ATR'S catalog and i see where they claim they have a twin turbo GN and as far as wrong post or incorrect information, i thought that is what this board was for to learn and get more educated maybe that is why s2 form has been so dead. I think people are getting afraid to post any of their ideas either correct or wrong.

Travis, I think it's great when people post questions, opinions, factual information, or any combination thereof. I'm just another guy in a garage trying to build a car, not a gewroo. So, something I try to do (and probably fail at some of the time) is to say "I think" or "I don't know" if I'm not sure. Then at least I have a way to lawyer out later. :D

There have been those that have blown head gaskets and cracked heads with Fel Pro engine managment as well................................There are those that have loss fuel presure and parts with big $ fuel pumps too. When you race hard there really never is piece of mind.....Just another opinion

I did e-mail ATR asking if they had production style twin headers. I know they have stage II twins. After all the debate that we have seen over project X and the applicablility of twins on a street car, I do believe they have a market here in the stage II board. I can't believe somebody doesn't make these things.

P.S. no e-mail back from ATR yet.

UPDATE

Here is what i got my hands on so far.

STAGE 2 BLOCK OFF CENTER 25500016 3.98BORE
STEEL CRANK 3.580 STROKE
6.5 RODS CARRILA
JE PISTONS, RINGS AND PINS
CONLEY DEEP OIL PAN
GN1R HEADS
GN1 ROLLER ROCKERS
GN1 BUICK VALVE COVERS
ATR 4 BOLT HEADERS

The slow process of finding deals here and there $8,000 and how much more do i need:eek: :eek:

Sure for 15 grand you can have it...lol.....or if you want a low 10 sec recipe talk to da guru in Kenilworth.

On a stock block i would stick with you. Foget R............... i need my headgaskets. :D :D

The slow process of finding deals here and there $8,000 and how much more do i need:eek: :eek:

Dont forget a driver's seat that has been scotchgaurded, because if the fastest you've ever been is 13.2 then you're in for a big supprise. ;) :D

Rich,

Thanks for the feedback, i forgot about Ron's popped headgasket. Jack also said he melted a piston:eek:

let me add a little here. No Rich, don't believe Ron melted a pistons, I think NJ was referring to me melting a piston 3 years ago at Etown when the power wire to my second pump broke. Fortunately, I have made over 250 passes on this motor and never had the heads or anything else off. Lotta 9 second passes there, not 1 or 2, alot!! A little fire, a little crash taking my nose off the car, blew a rear end, but motor has been superb. wouldn't be foolish enough to think I could run a chip with a 9 sec. car and try and run the way I do.

Jack do not get confused. Rich and I are speaking about Jack from Merkil race engines. Not the pumpkin, the pumpkin rocks:D :D

Hi Jack,

NJ was right he was refering to Jack Merkel, ron's engine builder. Da pumkin is rockin. Hope to see it this weekend at Etown if it's all back together and hopefully we don't get the rain.

See ya this weekend.