headers 86-87

Currently who makes the best headers for our cars. I would like to avoid buying these twice. I plans on building a stoker motor with champion aluminum heads. I hear atr,kenne bell, ta performance & full throttle has some. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck hear people. I noticed a few people selling kenne bell & atr going between 900 and 1000 on the board in recent monthes.

If I were to buy a set of headers the only ones I'd think about are the TA ones. ATR and Kenne bell are out of business/no longer making Buick parts so you'd have to find a used set. Another option would be to have Jay C. build you a set.

Don't forget to at least check out the ones we sell as well. Have a set of the KB style on my own GN for the past year. Good price, great fit. V clamps that work out of the box. HEADERS STAINLESS STEEL Just remember if you use them you need a downpipe made for Kenne Bell / ATR headers.

Don't forget to at least check out the ones we sell as well. Have a set of the KB style on my own GN for the past year. Good price, great fit. V clamps that work out of the box. HEADERS STAINLESS STEEL Just remember if you use them you need a downpipe made for Kenne Bell / ATR headers.

Are you headers american made products / cracking issues.. What are the demension of the headers. how thick are the flanges , tubing size:cool:

Mark, I'd like to know what size the tubes are myself please. I'm trying to make some for a HA design I have in my head right now and the only thing I haven't decided is the main tube size.

I have a set of TA SS headers they fit nice and are made well. Had to replace the poston ceramic coated headers that had cracks around every tube on the pass side :rolleyes:

Are you headers american made products / cracking issues.. What are the demension of the headers. how thick are the flanges , tubing size:cool:

Offshore made, 1 1/2" tubes, 2 1/4" crossover, 7/16" flange. 304 16 ga stainless NOT polished. Like I said before, KB style needs a downpipe made for KenneBell or ATR headers. There are TH and ATR internal wastegate pipes out there or you can use one of our external gate dps.

Like I said, have had the KB ones on my own GN for the past year without any issues. SE ones will fit with a regular THDP. NEITHER will work with a STOCK GM downpipe.

There are TH and ATR internal wastegate pipes out there .

quote]

But when folks start looking for used THDP for their new headers, they need to keep in mind, he made two styles of the internally gated pipes.
One for stock headers, and one for KB/ATR style headers.

Offshore made, 1 1/2" tubes, 2 1/4" crossover, 7/16" flange. 304 16 ga stainless NOT polished. Like I said before, KB style needs a downpipe made for KenneBell or ATR headers. There are TH and ATR internal wastegate pipes out there or you can use one of our external gate pipes.

The crossover is 2.25" but from the heads it goes to the 1.5" and then it's all 2.25"? The reason I ask is because it looks really big compaired to the factory HA design. It's a 1.75" from my measurements so that would be a big jump in size to me.:confused: