header advise to return or use

nailheadpowered

just recieved a set of headers from known manufacturer and the passenger side header is off a little, when you bolt it up the first bolts are fine on the first cyl. the second set are a little tight but go in the third cyl i got the bottom in somewhat but the top one does not line up evenly and when i called the company they instructed me to open the holes up a little to allow alignment, also the header is up against my upper A-Arm though i have 5 shims in the rear A-Arm bolt that has it pushed out a bit but still the header is right up against the A-arm, and they stated to grind my A-arm to make room. my question is should i keep this header and do as they say or send it back for a replacement? funny thing is i am replacing a set of postons that fit perfect LOL.:eek:

should i keep this header and do as they say

I think you've answered your own question. If they told you to jump off a bridge, would you do as they say?

The reason the header doesn't fit is because there is too much deviation from factory specificatons for that vehicle, hence, it does not fit. In order to make their poor tooling and fabrication work properly, you have to start hacking up your vehicle to make their product fit because they told you to. By hacking up your vehicle, you're compensating for the poor workmanship of the headers to fit. Of course they are going to tell you that. They would rather have you hack up your vehicle so they can make a profit from you. If you were to return the item, they would have to take a loss for their time packing/shipping, and restocking the item to sell to another buyer who may not complain and listen to what they say.

Didn't thier comment scare you, just a "little bit"?? It would me. Enough to demand a call tag, and a full refund....
Remember, Ho Chi Min works for fish heads and rice. He cares NOT that your headers are FUBAR..

chuck think you have me confused with another person as i have not posted about any headers that were an issue but this set surprised me but hey im sending them back for replacement.

Huh??

now im really confused i have not posted on turbobuicks.com probably in almost a year?

Does that thread look like yours? Looks to me like someone else started it. Don't think my post suggested you made the entry...
You get "confused", really easy!:biggrin: