Head Torque specs, got to hot & blew head gasket

screamindemon2

170 mi. blew head gasket, going with copper & o'ringing the heads.Putting the f-body radatior, new water pump & 160 stat.Any more suggestion to keep it cool. Thanks JoJo

just a reminder..

If the hoses are not new, check to see if they are clear. Went for weeks tryig to run down an o/heating problem that turned out to be a top hose had a pin hole in the inner jacket. it would swell when under pressure and when the water would cool it would return to normal. after a few weeks of chasing the problem, one of the times removing the hose and inspecting it. the rubber was stretched and had closed of the passage by 2/3rds. :eek:

:confused: I added a new lower & going to add a upper hose with new radiator.I am ready to get this thing broke in.When I turn the a/c on temps would sky rocket. I also have a big front mount intercooler on probley restricting some air flow. Does anyone know do we want our fans to push or pull air for better cooling results. Thanks JoJo :confused: :eek:

Does anyone know do we want our fans to push or pull air for better cooling results.
The fans have to pull. Think about it. If the fans tried to push, then at moderate speed, the fans would push against the air trying to come in through the radiator, and there would be no air flow at all. You always want the fans to help the normal air flow created by the motion of the car.

Shadow, thanks for that info...I have a buddy with nowhere left to troubleshoot, and that may be it. Lets call it a "prolapsed inner membrane".

Push fans go on the front of the radiator so with an evap core and front mount there's no place to put it. They use those where there is no clearance between the engine and radiator.