Head Porting

JUSTA3.8V6

Anyone know any decent head porting shops in southern WI? I am looking to get my stock heads ported.

Depends on what you want done and what kind of shape your stock heads are in. If your springs are shot, your guides are toast, the seats are beat in, and the valves are gone, then the Champs are the way to fly.

if all you need is a set of valve seals, a freshen up, and a bowl port, fixing yours will have a better bang for the buck

Not sure on the current pricing of the Champions but it will probably be the best bang for your buck with Champion. As I have no clue what the price headwerks would charge...he aint cheap LOL

All my heads is a bowl port and valve job. Gonna do the seals myself.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

In that case, the extra money for the champs probably isn't worth it. I would recommend getting a set of SS oversized Ferreas and having the ex guides cut for seals. The larger intake will let you get fresh meat on the intake seat.

Explain earlbrown? SS oversized ferreas?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Ferrea is a valve manufacturer. Order 11/32 1.77 high flow stainless valves. Re-cut the seats and then clean the bowls up. Standard procedure.

I'll add my opinion since I just went down this road. I ended up porting my stock irons, and doing like earl has suggested. If I were to do it again I'd buy the champions and call it a day. They're worth the asking price.

Did my own porting and the machine shop did the rest , bronze guides ,cut down, and machined for positive seals. SS valves , hardened seats, multi angle valve grind and resurfaced. Ended up being close to the cost champion irons. Shipping is the problem for me !!

Attachments

• stuff 256.jpg
    stuff 256.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 177
  • stuff 255.jpg
    stuff 255.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 168
  • stuff 254.jpg
    stuff 254.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 166