Has enyone ever....

turbobuickman

...broken a power window switch, as in snapped it off? Just happened to me this past weekend. How easy is it to replace? Just remove the door panel and swap new one in I assume. Any obstacles Im overlooking?

very simple take panel off and goto advanced or napa and replace i think 2 screwws or push pins

Yeah my lever cracked off completely. At Kragen, right on the rack, they have tons of GM G-body parts. My window switch was right there, with just about every other nick knack you can imagine for a G-body. Must have something to do with my neighborhood. Wont mention the demographic, but we'll just say that "balla" cars are pretty common in the area. ;) I get mad props in the hood on the real for rolling such a "G" ride. I say "G-body?" Naw Cuh...G ride! ****in gangsta homeboy!
Anyway, it cost like 20 bucks. You can stick a flathead screwdriver under the switch backing plate...one screwdriver on the left, and one on the right, (the screwdriver almost laying flat against the door panel) and just push inward on both screwdrivers, and that will depress the 2 retaining springs. The switch will come out and the connector will pull right off with a little force. I pulled my door panel off to do it, before I knew I could have done it an easier way. But I just used that opportunity to tighten up my window.

VadersV6 said:
but we'll just say that "balla" cars are pretty common in the area. ;) I get mad props in the hood on the real for rolling such a "G" ride. I say "G-body?" Naw Cuh...G ride! ****in gangsta homeboy!
:biggrin: I couldn't help but to laugh. I live in a simular hood and get the same kind of props. Werd! :cool: