Has anyone dealt with Cal Hartline?

GNracer2000

Who will I beat today?
Helloe everybody right now I am looking to have an 87 GN motor rebuilt and freshened up. I live in the tampa area and was wondering if anyone has dealt with Cal Hartline in Melbourne FL. I was curious if anyone knows about how long it takes for him to freshen up a motor like new bearings gaskets and some new go fast goods like cam, billet crank, mains or girdle, and probably new heads .Also how is his customer service because I'd really like to know whats going on all the time and being on this side of Florida and not nearby I'd can't make a trip to see it or stop by the shop to see the progress. So if any of there can help answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Cal Hartline

GNracer2000,
I had Cal build my engine and much more last year you won't find anyone more knowlegible or better in my opinion. I live in Sarasota, Cal kept me informed of the progress and did an outstanding job. The engine is a stage 2, I have made 33 passes with it and only changed the oil and plugs. It takes my 3725# GN
to 9.80 and 140 with leaving at 10# of boost and never going above 24#. I will turn it up as I gain experience
If Cal isn't booked up he will do you a fine job, hope this helps.Pics of engine on web site.
Jim

87GN Stage2 by Hartline Performance
http://community.webshots.com/user/natan208

I don't think Cal does the in and out anymore, but you'd better check with him, if it's a consideration...

strike

:D

cal is good people. and a great tuner! he's always helping people out where ever he goes. he knows the gn's. his car goes mid 8's.

Thanks for the great info I do know of him and his car. I have seens some of his stuff in a few magazines. I was just inquiring about him since I don't know where else to go to get my motor done. Thank you.

Originally posted by GNracer2000

I live in the tampa area and was wondering if anyone has dealt with Cal Hartline in Melbourne FL.

I was curious if anyone knows about how long it takes for him to freshen up a motor like new bearings gaskets and some new go fast goods like cam, billet crank, mains or girdle, and probably new heads .

Also how is his customer service because I'd really like to know whats going on all the time

I've bought some parts from him, and was totally statisfied. Not to mention after having meet him, he instantly qualified as being as being one of the good guys.

Engine building is always a guess. There are just so many variables, and unexplained problems, that can arise.

If you want to know what's going on all the time, that's just going to lenghten the *till done*. Guys only have so many hours a day, if they're on the phone they ain't in the shop. If your a true *boost junkie*, buy a junkyard engine, toss some rings and bearings in it, and swap them. Then let who ever's doing your engine can take his time, and your not stressing over it. I have a 85 cast piston *mule* engine, and then a good 4.1L, just for that reason.

I had Cal built my 10sec street motor and it is awesome. he is more than fair and honest. Get guy to deal with.

Thanks everyone!

GNRacer2000: If you want it done quickly, I am not your man. Expect about 4-6 weeks turn around. I am pretty picky about what parts I put in and that can sometimes lead to delays. Additionally, I don't do the Removal & Reinstall of the engine.

FWIW: I built Rich's (Victory trans in your signature) stage2 engine

Give me a call at (321)863-2303 if you have any further questions