Has anybody seen.....

billdee22

I was just watching Speed this morning and on Motor Trend they were talking about the 2011 Regal GS that is taking over where the Pontiac G8 is leaving off BUT the kicker was that they want to put a Turbo 4 in it. What does everybody think about this?

I was just watching Speed this morning and on Motor Trend they were talking about the 2011 Regal GS that is taking over where the Pontiac G8 is leaving off BUT the kicker was that they want to put a Turbo 4 in it. What does everybody think about this?

I think that the Turbo 4 is what can be expected from Government Motors. My GN is the last GM car that will ever be in my garage. My opinion and 2 cents. Brad

The new Regal has the 2.0 Ecotech direct injection turbo engine. It is the same powertrain that the Cobalt SS and HHR SS uses. I'd rather have this engine combo over other GM engines that might be used in this platform.

I recently saw the new Regal at the Detroit Auto Show. Looks like a nice car. It is not a big car......more along the lines of the Pontiac G6 or Saturn Aura. It is about time GM started building nice Buicks again.

Nice looking car! If I was in the market for that type of car I would consider it. However I am not. I am in the market for a 4 door grocery getter with nuts. I plan to buy a used CTS-V this summer.

A lot of people are knocking the turbo engine in that car. It surprises me because most have never driven a car with the ecotech 4 banger without a turbo which has plenty of pep. Im sure the turbo ecotec is even more fun. I know i will get to drive one. Hell, like posted before, go drive a Cobalt SS and see how it runs. Funny that the turbo V6 we use now wasn't taken seriously until it started taking people out...:eek:

A lot of people are knocking the turbo engine in that car. It surprises me because most have never driven a car with the ecotech 4 banger without a turbo which has plenty of pep. Im sure the turbo ecotec is even more fun. I know i will get to drive one. Hell, like posted before, go drive a Cobalt SS and see how it runs. Funny that the turbo V6 we use now wasn't taken seriously until it started taking people out...:eek:

I agree here about the eco-tech engine 100%. I own one and my son has one in his car. One is in a Vue and the other a Cavalier. The engine is almost bullet proof. My issue is with the rest of the GM parts around the engine-i.e rear wheel breaks in two, transmission suddenly explodes, etc and on and on. I know my son wants to get a turbo Cobalt SS so there must be something here. Brad

True that :cool:

Gm

As a loyal owner of True American rides. I am a owner of a G8 GXP. I love this sleeper competes with Euro vehicles. GM screwed up by letting that model go to the wasteside. I don't consider four cylinder cars as muscle cars rather import tuners just not my taste.American muscle cars are near dead with just a few models left for GM ie Corvette Caddy CTS Camaro. The CTS V which I was looking at but was out priced for my life style right now future ride though. Maybe just my taste has change in my older age.

atleast theyre trying. and thankfully its turbocharged. ok now how do we turn up the boost?:rolleyes:

As a loyal owner of True American rides. I am a owner of a G8 GXP. I love this sleeper competes with Euro vehicles. GM screwed up by letting that model go to the wasteside. I don't consider four cylinder cars as muscle cars rather import tuners just not my taste.American muscle cars are near dead with just a few models left for GM ie Corvette Caddy CTS Camaro. The CTS V which I was looking at but was out priced for my life style right now future ride though. Maybe just my taste has change in my older age.

x2! My buddy has a G8 GXP. Man what a car. That LS3 rocks hands down. I love that car. My wife agreed it will be our next automobile purchase. I buy used anyways so in a couple of years I will sport one.

The more I read about this car, the more I like it. I'm not a big fan of 4-doors, but an inline 4-cylinder turbo, six-speed manual, and all wheel drive is a very good idea. I really dig the styling with the verticle intake louvers, mini rear spoiler, and European sport styled interior. This car is really starting to get me excited about Buick. I'd love to have something new in the garage. I've been beating my T-type beater through the winter and salivate at the opportunity to buy a brand new Buick!