Harness ?

nastynavy

I am getting the engine bay ready on my parts car to actually install the DFI and motor. I am wondering if I need to leave any of the stock harness in the car? I have a DFI GEN VII and it has the buick harness with it. Sorry if this a dumb question but in all I have read in my searches I never really see where anyone says anything about this. Also where have you guys mounted the computer boxes? I was thinking of trying to mount it inside the car where the stock computer was but didn't know if that is possible or not.

Thanks,

Hi Josh
Left the stock harness in place and used an adapter harness, to jumper the Fast B2B (in my case) to the existing connector for the stock ECM. To mount the Fast B2B in the stock location, got an extra kick panel to hack up, as the B2B is wider than the stock ECM

I did add a heavy duty injector harness with larger gage wires, from John Spina since I am using the 83# low impedence injectors in the Limited. This is to reduce the overall resistance in the harness between the ECM and the low impedence injectors.

Hope this helps