Harness to Bar Mount Pics

turbo2nr said:
I DON'T SEE A BOLT FOR THE DRIVERS SIDE OEM BELT. JUST A F'N RIVIOT!!111!!!!

I'm feeling around under the carpet and feel nothing! You guys are just pulling my leg here.

So, if I pull out my carpet, I will find a bolt way down in there?? :confused:

I don't see it, or feel it.

Which belt are you talking about. Closest to do or Console. Seems like the one closest to the door is below the carpet. I think I remember making a small slit with a razor. Then used the same bolt to bolt downt he clip that came with the belt. The OEM belt is still attached ? If so then there is a bolt holding it on for sure... well at least there was on my car.

Sully

ok

before you take a razor you can find the hole from under the car. its between the frame and the body you can get you fingres in there and you can poke a small screw driver threw it to know where u need to cut the hole

Yup

HEY I TRY. i wouldnt have know about that till the other day i was up under there looking around and i was like sweet that makes things 1000% easyer

Scott Atk said:
I have buckets but don't see how it would matter. I use the "Y" style harness which only requires a single mounting point.

Scott did you paint your cage in the car, or out? What type of paint? What color of grey did you go with, do you have the color code? I'm getting my cage in the next couple of weeks and was just curious. Your cage is the exact color I'm looking for. ;)

It's RUSTOLEUM spray bomb. "smoke gray"
Got it at Walmart. I painted it myself after it came back from the chassis shop. Only place I couldn't get it was the back side of the rear bars, they were like an inch from the back glass. HTH !

shoulder room

The "Y" belts are out but the "V"belts are legal.They mount in the same fashion,one bolt in the cross bar.They are sewn togher in such a way to elimenate the "tail" of the "Y".I guess that NHRA feels this is stronger.They actually fit in 'cages in our cars better anyways.

Seat Belts

Guys - please remember the basics of seat belt safety - the belts must bear on the strongest available bits of our skeleton frames not on soft tissue. So -

1 - don't ever use just one crotch strap - use two that wrap around the upper thighs

2 - don't ever use shoulder belts that mount nearer together then the width of your neck (unless you use a HANS device). Y or V designs are no-nos. And mount them as close to your shoulders as possible.

3 - don't use 3" lap belts - use 2" ones that fit safely into the notch in the side of your pelvis - just below your Illiac crest if you know your medical terms.

Race safe.

mine...

two seperate straps, wrapped around the bar. No screws.

Attachments

• buick pics 002.jpg
    buick pics 002.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 242