Harness to Bar Mount Pics

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
i was wondering if anyone can post some pics of how they have there 5 point harness mounted to there rool bar. i my bench seat touches the back of the bar so i dont know how to mount my 5 point harness. can someone post so pics for me.

brent

I have buckets but don't see how it would matter. I use the "Y" style harness which only requires a single mounting point.

Attachments

• Picture 936.jpg
    Picture 936.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 579
  • Picture 939.jpg
    Picture 939.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 501
awsome

ok makes since now. where do i get the mounts to weld to the bar? summit?

Not sure where my guy got mine, but I would think you could make one out of any old piece of 1/8" scrap. Good Luck.

another way is to take a nut that has a flange on it, drill a hole large enough for the nut to set down in it but the flange rests on the tubing & weld the flange to the tube.

5 point harness

are you guys running the middle strap the one between the legs is so you got any pics of this?

ttt
I'm also looking for pics/ideas on how to mount the 5th belt to the floor. What is the "legal" way to do it?
Scott

ok

well i figured it out. go to summitracing.com and look under there harness accessories. there is a 4"X4" piece of metal that is required for that mount. there is also a bolt and nut kit u can buy to if u like since u need those pieces of metal. drill hole mount belt with plate and good to go. i just got mine done last week. i would take pics but camera is broke.

Got it on order. Under $4 for the plate, then then screw, etc. Got some NGK plugs for my aluminum heads to try out as well.

Do you use the factory seat belt anchors on the side for the racing harness? Same bolt?

turbo2nr said:
Do you use the factory seat belt anchors on the side for the racing harness? Same bolt?

Yes...

And on another note I was told that "Y" harneses will not be NHRA legal for next year..

what

thats complete bull****. why dont they make up ther f ing mind. no wrap around then no y setup. just make up your fing minds for christ sake.

Well, I got lucky. I returned the Y harness for the other style. New Platninum color belts from Simpson, looks just like the grey of our interior. Expensive though.

Boost231 said:
thats complete bull****. why dont they make up ther f ing mind. no wrap around then no y setup. just make up your fing minds for christ sake.

You can't wrap around the bar anymore??

What about the drivers side lap belt? I see no factory bolt there?? Just a riviot and carpet.

I'm wraping my rear belts around the bar and then into the metal bracket that came with my harness (Simpson). Cotton's shop made a hoop to locate the straps to keep them from going side-to-side. I'll have to take a pic. As far as being legal..... :confused:

yup

i was told wrap around are no dice anymore. can someone confirm

So that means we have to weld an attachment point to the bar for each shoulder belt?

Damn it, more ordering and work.

Where do we put the drivers side lap belt anchor? I see no factory bolt. Should I use the seat track mounting bolt, under the seat?

turbo2nr said:
So that means we have to weld an attachment point to the bar for each shoulder belt?

Damn it, more ordering and work.

Where do we put the drivers side lap belt anchor? I see no factory bolt. Should I use the seat track mounting bolt, under the seat?

You can use the stock seatbelt mounting holes and bolts for the lap belt. For the Submarine strap You will have to drill a new hole for it unless you can find one that has a Y on it so you can go to both seat mounts. I did something that may not be legal. I put a steel bar that went front 1 front seat mount to the other and wrapped the belt to the bar.

HTH,
Sully

I DON'T SEE A BOLT FOR THE DRIVERS SIDE OEM BELT. JUST A F'N RIVIOT!!111!!!!

I'm feeling around under the carpet and feel nothing! You guys are just pulling my leg here.

So, if I pull out my carpet, I will find a bolt way down in there?? :confused:

I don't see it, or feel it.

Yes there is a round head Torx T-50 bolt down there. Just remove it and sandwich the new harness bracket in between. There is plenty of thread. :)