harmonic balancer

stage274

I have a busch motor and I just wondering if I can reuse the balancer it came with, because alot of guys seem go to bjw or some other aftermarket balancer.

You'll need one with the correct crank interrupter ring for the crank sensor; unless you do some fabrication your only easy option is the BHJ unit, available at PT&E and a few other places.

I used the BMS front hub that my motor came with. It had the interupter ring on it. If you are using a production front cover, you just have to loosen the crank sensor & move it back a bit so the hub does not hit it.
It is also very light.
James

Originally posted by KendallF
You'll need one with the correct crank interrupter ring for the crank sensor; unless you do some fabrication your only easy option is the BHJ unit, available at PT&E and a few other places.

BHJ and not cheap either:(

my mortor all ready has a crank trigger , do you think I ok, because I bought a fluidampr from ebay for cheap.

So you have an aftermarket crank trigger? Should be OK..though I wonder if that Fluidamper is SFI certified?

Ever try to neutral balance a Fluidamper? GOOD LUCK!!!!! Spin it, drill or add, move it spin it again....WAY out, you will chase your tail all day on a good ,accurate balance machine.

so you think I should stay with the balancer thats on my motor instead of using the fliudampr, I dont know what type of balancer it Is I think it might be a buick motor sport .

balancer

i have a fluiddamper for sale its sfi approved heavy sucker. i use a bms, i also have one off of a indy lite motor which is smaller in dia, it has the ring on it, if interested let me know thanks oc,:)

BMS is the best bet on an internal balance using the stock crank trigger, it is NOT SFI but you shouldnt get any grief as it is a 1 piece billet hub. The interruptor ring is deadly accurate unlike the BHJ. If you use a crank trigger, you cant beat the ATI unit (which happens to be available from us at a decent price!!!!)
Thanks,
Bill