Harley-Davidson

Bad Boyz

owners seem to think that their motorcycles are made in the USA.NOT.They are assembled in the USA.The use parts made from Canada,Italy,Japan,etc.On an another note.Harley now has a auto tranny.Pull the clutch in,shift in 1st gear and shift the rest w/no clutch.

Im all about SO called American made machines... But the Harleys just dont do it for me... Its got a big bark but no friggin bite...

If I bought a bike it would be a Harley.

Its the "Muscle Bike" ... I dont need a bike to do wheelies or turn lanes fast.

12 second quarter miles...a lopey cam... and a comfortable ride is what turns me on ---

When HD can build as good a bike as a metric bike that will match mine performance- wise/ price- wise, I would consider it. I don't need to spend four times as much money to go slower.....:rolleyes: I care nothing about the "image" that the HD might project. Where they make the money is in merchandising, marketing, and branding. One just has to have that trinket that has the HD logo on it, you know! And yes, I've owned one out of the 30 or so bikes I've had over the years with the 40 years of motorcycle experience I have. They are two wheels, so that's cool!:wink: Current newest metric bike I own has 22,000 miles- has only needed brake pads (2 sets) and 3 sets of tires in the 6 yrs since I bought it new. NO mechanical problems whatsoever....

I own to Harleys and honestly they are overpriced Junk:rolleyes:!!! FWIW Years ago my Dads late 80's Sportser speedo broke and I tore it apart...Made in Japan right inside. Nothing new

To each their own is about all I want to say... :rolleyes:

I own a H-D, thoroughly enjoy it, and it has plenty of bite to go with the bark... :biggrin:

K.