Hard Starting

TURBO2

:confused: I have an 86 G/N with the following upgrades:
High output Fuel Pump hot wired,Adj. Fuel Reg.,32# injectors, Ported stock Turbo,Ram Air, 3.5" MAF w/TransPlus,70 mm T.B.,
T.H. 3" Downpipe, and Dual 2.5" Exhaust system.
The problem I am having is it is very hard to start (about 15 secs. of cranking!) when the Engine is cold. Once it warms up it starts no problem. Is there a setting in the chip that could be adjusted to correct this? TIA, Curt.

Usually that is fixed by cycling the fuel pump a few times before you start the car. Turn key on, but not to start and let the fuel pump prime, and shut off for a few seconds and repeat, then try starting.

HTH
Paul

I had the same symptoms-mine turned out to be leaky injs.Changed them and no morehard start.

In the factory configuration, the fuel pump power went through a relay and also the oil pressure switch. If the relay went bad, the car would still run, but take forever to start because it had to build oil pressure to turn on the pump.
You could check out your hot wire/fuel pump setup and see if the oil pressure switch is still playing a role. It could be a bad relay.

Regards,
Eric