Hard plastic vaccum line routing

Hot Air Beast

Hot Air Lover
Hey guys can you help me out. Hopefully this will be the last dumb question I have before starting up my rebuild.

There are three hard plastic vaccum lines on my 84.

Two appear out of the passenger side firewall - one purple and one yellow/white. One other comes from the vaccum tube canister mounted on top edge of the heater/AC blower motor.

I believe that one goes to the electrical block on the passenger fender (electrical switch closest to the front has a vaccum nipple which I believe is for the boost LEDs so either the purple or yellow going through the firewall goes here).

I think the line from the vaccum tube canister goes to the temperature valve in the heater hose behind the turbo.

The third one - I am at a loss to figure out.

Help.

By the way the vaccum block gasket as part of a throttle body gasket kit showed up from G Body yesterday and fits perfectly.:smile:

plastic vacuum lines

the two coming from the side firewall one goes to the vacuum can that looks like a hotdog the other one coming back goes to the heater control valve. One takes vacuum to your a/c control panel to feed the doors that open when you turn on your a/c and the return one brings vacuum back to open the heater control valve when you turn on the heater.

Still confused

Thanx but I am still confused. Let me try to explain.
When I disassembled my engine the passenger side vaccum canister (long and narrow like a "hot dog") had two vaccum lines attached. One was standard neoprene and went to the centre rear nipple on the vaccum bloc on top of the throttle body, into a "T" the other side of which went to my cruise control (drivers side front of engine compartment). So far so good. The smaller nipple on the canister went to the temperature valve, routed along the firewall behind a heat shield.

That left me with the two coming out of the firewall from the passenger compartment. One was white or grey and the other purple. I thought that one of these would go to the passenger fender electrical bloc as the manual shows the ESC controller location and boost light sensor/switch as having a vaccum nipple as well. Pic attached.

I have also attached pics for the under dash end of both vaccum hoses going through the firewall.

Could be I'm into trial and error here.

Thanx for trying to help out.

Attachments

• passenger fender likely for boost LEDs.JPG
    passenger fender likely for boost LEDs.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 229
  • under dash vaccum armature box.jpg
    under dash vaccum armature box.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 238
  • vaccum plug connector white and purple from engine bay.jpg
    vaccum plug connector white and purple from engine bay.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 232
  • orange to heater door.jpg
    orange to heater door.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 271
On the "hot dog" canister purple line goes to left port, the right side port goes to the "T" on right rear port of the throttle body vac block and to the cruise control. The center rear port of the vac block goes to the electric vac regulator next to the wastegate solenoid. There is a difference between them two ports on the vac block, they are not common to one another. The white line goes to the heater valve. The MAP sensor (your first pic) goes to main engine vacuum port tee on the back of the engine between the tranny and the turbo. There is a vac hose routing diagram in the hot air sticky thread that may help too but it does not show the heater or map lines.

Gary

OK now

Thanx for helping out guys.

It was the MAP sensor routing that really had me tearing my hair out.:redface:

Replaced with truck air lines

I found replacement line at a local truck repair/parts place called Malmberg; but hey we are a long way from Florida.

Any truck joint should have the line as they use them on their air brakes.

As for fittings - on my '84 they are just neoprene elbows that can be bought almost anywhere - Pep Boys etc. On yours I believe that they are brass. Another buddy up here found a brass fitting for his 86 at a Pep Boys equivalent called Canadian Tire up here in Canada.

Good luck.