Hampton Roads - anyone looking for a fast 87' GN?

dlaclair

I'm thinking about selling my GN and wanted to see if there was any local interest before I advertised it elsewhere. I've owned it for the last 12 years. I am originally from AZ and most of the work on this car has been done by Nick Micale (Arizona GN and one of the Sponsors here on TB). I had Nick run through the car about 2 years ago then had it shipped out here. I've probably driven it 5 times in the last two years, and haven't driven it all in the last probably 8 months. I travel quite a bit and have several other cars. Since it just sits in the driveway I think it's time to sell it.

It's an 87' T-top. The good: There has been a TON of work done to this car, when tuned properly this should easily be a high 10, low 11 second car. From memory, just a few things that the car has: New rebuilt engine with forged internals (probably less than 5K miles on it), 70mm throttle body, 55# injectors, walbro fuel pump, adjustable wastegate, GN1 heads, 3" downpipe, dual 2.5" exhaust, huge turbo (T-70 I believe, rebuilt in the last 5K miles), beefed up transmission with 3500 stall converter to handle the extra power, huge front mount intercooler with upgrade to radiator to ensure no heat issues (I've driven this in 115 degree AZ weather with no problem), custom programmed computer chip, believe I also have a maxeffort chip for it in the car, aluminum torque thrust II wheels with Nitto drag radials on the back (less than 2K miles on wheels and tires), air bags, alchohol injection system, brand new A/C system, GNX dash, race shifter system, custom guage pods with knock guage, full custom stereo system including Qlogic kickpanels with high end speakers, two amps and dual subwoofers (although I would think about pulling this out if the buyer isn't interested). I'm sure there is a ton of other parts/items that I haven't mentioned for this car. I have probably invested 10-15K in the car since I've owned it if not more.

The bad: Paint is faded and in bad shape, body is ok. Interior has some rips/tears. There was, at one point a full roll bar in the car. I had the side bars removed but the rear bar remains. Car has 5 point harness installed and in place. Guess this could be good or bad depending what you are looking for.

Price? Not sure...I've been out of the GN scene for a while. Just guaging interest right now to see if there are any local guys looking for a fast car.

Shoot me an email or PM. dlac@afcaas.com.

Dave

Wish I had seen this just a few days earlier. Had a garage sale at my place in Norfolk over the weekend and was doing a rebuild of my suspension while my wife ran the sale (that's right..I'm a player ;) ) and she fielded three offers on the car! One of which was actually a respectable offer right from the start! Woulda pointed them your way. I'll keep a look out for anyone looking though.

Any movement on what you think a price point would be?

Wish I had seen this just a few days earlier. Had a garage sale at my place in Norfolk over the weekend and was doing a rebuild of my suspension while my wife ran the sale (that's right..I'm a player ;) ) and she fielded three offers on the car! One of which was actually a respectable offer right from the start! Woulda pointed them your way. I'll keep a look out for anyone looking though.

Any movement on what you think a price point would be?

Thanks for the note, guess there are some buyers in the area! This is the only place I've posted so far, I'll probably post to the for sale section soon or maybe even throw it up on Ebay to try to get a gauge for the price, I really have no idea. Have a busy travel schedule and just haven't had too much time to do any research on it. I'm willing to make someone a good deal on it is just sitting undriven, just have no idea what a good deal is right now ;)

dlaclair, where are you located? The price on our cars has dropped in the last couple of years and it is really a buyers market right now. The good thing is that in Hampton Roads everyone thinks that their goods (cars) are made of gold and everything is overpriced, yet people still buy. I moved here from Miami about a year and a half ago and was shocked as to how high people price things out here. So, i take advantage and buy cars that need some TLC at a low price and then sell high. I have sold at least 10 cars from home and they usually dont last but a couple of days. If you are interested, i can sell the car for you, just let me know what you want for it and we can detail the crap out of it, take some awesome pictures and it will sell in no time. I am located in Chesapeake, let me know if you need help with the sale.

dlaclair, where are you located? The price on our cars has dropped in the last couple of years and it is really a buyers market right now. The good thing is that in Hampton Roads everyone thinks that their goods (cars) are made of gold and everything is overpriced, yet people still buy. I moved here from Miami about a year and a half ago and was shocked as to how high people price things out here. So, i take advantage and buy cars that need some TLC at a low price and then sell high. I have sold at least 10 cars from home and they usually dont last but a couple of days. If you are interested, i can sell the car for you, just let me know what you want for it and we can detail the crap out of it, take some awesome pictures and it will sell in no time. I am located in Chesapeake, let me know if you need help with the sale.
Good luck with that..last GN I sold here(hampton roads) I had to give away people are cheap and always looking for a deal. This was 2009. Car was on the market for over a year,lots of joy riders,tire kickers and low ballers, what a hassle. :)

Good luck with that..last GN I sold here(hampton roads) I had to give away people are cheap and always looking for a deal. This was 2009. Car was on the market for over a year,lots of joy riders,tire kickers and low ballers, what a hassle. :)

Thanks guys for the comments. Steve - you seem pretty active with GNs in this community. Any idea what the car would be worth? Thanks.

Thanks guys for the comments. Steve - you seem pretty active with GNs in this community. Any idea what the car would be worth? Thanks.
Honestly very hard to put a number on it,has a lot of nice parts on it and built by one of the best. But if it's rough around the edges body/interior etc that's not gonna help,then with all the low ballers and people looking to steal it away for nothing...you see where this is headed right.

I had what was once a 13k car in 06-07 sell for 9k in 09 had new driveline,decent body,very decent interior nice car people offering $7500-$8000 all day ....125k miles also. Rebuild(motor/trans/interior) documented here on this site with pics also so hate to say it keep it!!!

Thanks Steve. Guess I will just put it up for sale and see if anyone is interested! Almost sounds like the car would be worth more parted out, but hate to do that to a well put together car and would rather sell it to someone that will enjoy it and appreciate it, hopefully an enthusiast. I would keep it just never drive the car...at some point need to get it out of my driveway!