Hammer Shifter...Anyone installed one ?

Phoneguy

Cometic HG stress tester
I am looking at a new shifter for the GN. I previously installed a Pro Ratchet but hated the double shift from Park to Reverse , and Reverse to Park.

Wondering if anyone has tried the Hammer shifter ?

Good, Bad ?

Thanks
Bryan

Bump

This is the shifter I am looking at installing

upload_2015-3-31_11-9-51.png

I think all the shifters that do 3 and 4 speed need the double shift bar the quicksilver which is lift and back to reverse click to neutral click to drive and ratchet there on in.

From reading the installation manual, this works as a straight gate to drive and then ratchet from 4 to 1 and 1 to 4
Hoping to not have the double shift...

Thanks
Bryan

I had a bad experience with a ratchet shifter years ago and will never use another. Look at the new Copos and such and they use a pro stick or a cheetah. In my opinion they are a better design. JMHO

I had the Hammer Shifter installed in my old 87 Cutlass with a 700r4. I hated it. I went with a Cheetah when i switched to a 400 and loved it.

I had the Hammer Shifter installed in my old 87 Cutlass with a 700r4. I hated it. I went with a Cheetah when i switched to a 400 and loved it.
Thanks for the reply.
What did you hate about it? Functionality? Too short ?

Bryan

Thanks for the reply.
What did you hate about it? Functionality? Too short ?

Bryan
Yes it was a little on the short side, kinda hard to ratchet, and a pain to set it right to have all the gears set correctly. This was about 10 years ago, I dont know if the design has changed by now but i sure do remember that sucker being kinda stiff and hard to maneuver through the shifts.

You need to come by a check out my quick silver in my car. Fits in stock console looks like factory. Function very well. I also need to pick your brain on the leash boost controller. I bought one but have not hooked it up yet. I don't think you live far from me.

Michael

I'm in the St Louis Missouri area , your profile says Canada ...that's a couple of miles from me...
I bought a CO2 bottle for the Boost Leash that I need to get installed. What can I help with?

Bryan

I'm sorry for some reason I thought you were in North Carolina. I live about 1 hour away from Richard Clark. I just wanted to see how you liked leash with CO2. I really don't want a bottle but I know this is the best way.

Michael

You need to come by a check out my quick silver in my car. Fits in stock console looks like factory. Function very well. I also need to pick your brain on the leash boost controller. I bought one but have not hooked it up yet. I don't think you live far from me.

Michael

Could you post a picture of your shifter installed ?

Thanks

I'm would like to chime in here for a little. I personally am a big fan of the B&M Mega Shifter. If you like the look of the Hammer Shifter go with it. But I like the operation of the Mega and don't have any experience with the Hammer.

The Mega is a gate type shifter until you get to neutral. Then you ratchet down and up through the numbered gears. I recently converted to a 400 manual reverse tranny. So it makes driving and having to shift pure pleasure for me. I't looks perfectly at home in a TR and I got it to fit just right.

Here is a few pictures.
interior 1.jpg
interior 2.jpg

That doesnt look bad at all...it functions the same as the Hammer too....

Thanks for the pics and reply

Bryan