Hallman Pro Boost Controller

Joel A. Russo

This is the Hallman Pro RX model.

Installed on my car to see if was any better than the set up I currently run. It did not appear to be an improvement, so I took it off. Ran it for about 5 miles....
Comes with all the hardware from the factory..

$75.00 shipped.

Hallman Pro.jpg

Last edited:
I've never had the chance to turn up the wick.

Set it at 22lbs, run a mid - low 10, get booted for going too fast........... :(:D

But high does it go ? need to know cause mine is at 25 lbs of boost , Thanks Keith

I'm not sure you're understanding what I am saying. This is a manual boost controller, it isn't marked in lb increments, it just a dial w/ + and - on it.

I have found that one turn either way equals one pound of boost either way. The thing is as accurate as they come, set it and forget it.

If I haven't gone higher than 22lbs, I can't tell you how high it will go. I got it from a friend who had it on his Subaru that regularly runs 30lbs of boost. He bought a TurboSmart unit that controls boost thru the ECM and offered the Hallman to me.

The HD spring will raise the boost level. Here is from the Hallman website:

HALLMAN PRO RX KIT:

Our new Hallman Pro RX kit contains the Hallman Pro Valve w/ ceramic ball, light and heavy springs included, Standard Barb Fittings with 3 feet of vacuum line or -4 AN Fittings no lines included, mounting bracket, hardware packet and complete installation instructions all in one kit. The Pro RX kit was designed to allow very specific control of boost. Kits are available in Black, Red, Blue, Purple, Silver or Gunmetal.

This kit has a ceramic ball instead of the 316 stainless ball that comes in our other valves. The ceramic ball only weighs a fraction of what the stainless steel balls weighs. This weight difference allows the ceramic ball to act very quickly as it is constantly changing directions during operation. The ceramic ball in conjunction with the use of a lighter spring will allow very fine adjustment of boost up to 4 to 5 pounds of boost over stock. Boost has been able to be adjusted in half pound increments very consistently with this valve.

This kit was specifically designed for those that only wish to add a few pounds of boost over stock and have a great amount of control over those few pounds. This is the kit that we recommend for RX'7s. This kit also includes the heavy spring for those that would like add more than 5 pounds of boost and want to take advantage of the ceramic ball.

I'm not sure you're understanding what I am saying. This is a manual boost controller, it isn't marked in lb increments, it just a dial w/ + and - on it.

I have found that one turn either way equals one pound of boost either way. The thing is as accurate as they come, set it and forget it.

If I haven't gone higher than 22lbs, I can't tell you how high it will go. I got it from a friend who had it on his Subaru that regularly runs 30lbs of boost. He bought a TurboSmart unit that controls boost thru the ECM and offered the Hallman to me.
I got ya , You click it right one click and that adds one pound of boost , 5 clicks right is 5 more lbs of boost . My ? is does it stop at any certain amount , like does it top out at 30 lbs ? or higher

I got ya , You click it right one click and that adds one pound of boost , 5 clicks right is 5 more lbs of boost . My ? is does it stop at any certain amount , like does it top out at 30 lbs ? or higher

Arrrrrgh!

There is no "This controller controls boost between "x"lbs and "y"lbs.".

It can handle 90psi if you want it to. It's a controlled leak, nothing more.

Last edited: