Hail storm last night and,,,,

Ross L

I was out in my GN. I was 10 miles from home and there was no warning. My girlfriend wanted to back her Infinity out of her garage so I could bring in the GN.:tongue: I declined and just sat back and listened/watched:eek: . Most of the hail was marble size with some being even larger. But I wasn't too worried(only helpless). I had faith in the good ole American Iron! Well,,,,, so far maybe one small dent in the trunk.I guess I got lucky:wink:
Ross

Damn! I would have at least tried to throw some blankets over it to try and minimize the damage.:eek:

no blankets, no damage(just washed and checked it over). I didn't even think about using blankets, good idea. My dads 05 dodge truck and several dents in the roof:confused: .I'm in south Arkansas(ElDorado)
Ross

Some of the 2.5" to 4" variety here, this afternoon. A couple folks didn't make it thru...

next time dont be so lazy and throw blankets over at least the roof,,,ask me how I know this,,i will search for pics,the trunk and hood can be replaced,but the roof.......:(

Some of the reason behind this:
At my place, it's 77*, and in Atl it's 64*!!
55* in the very North end and 81* just south of me...
HOLY CRAP!!
They determined the storm last nite was an F-2, 130 mph wind, and a path only a 1/4mi wide...!!

Cover it up!

I have a large Rubber Maid tote with old, clean comforters waiting for me in the basement. I was glad it was there one day last year. Quarter or sized hail fell in the area, MY DD Regal was at least protected from the hail. If you are unsure, spray the car with water and put the blankets on, then spray those to weight them to the car. Cover the most expensive to repair parts first. The roof, quarters, top of door/fenders and hood for the GN. The sides don't get hit that hard focus on any top surface and upper body/trim. Just some general tips when your can't pull it in or under something.

Glad you didn't get any damage.

There was a hail storm here about 4 years ago. A friend of mine had his GN sitting outside, and it was bad! Punched holes completely through the fillers:eek: My '97 Z71 was beat pretty bad, but nothing compared to the wife's old accord:eek: .
Glad you lucked out!

If you found one dent, I bet there could be more. I've written $2000 repair estimates for customers that thought they had no hail damage to their vehicles. It's hard to see alot of the dime and eraser tip sized dents. Clean it really well and bring it inside under some fluorescent lighting. Fix your eye on a reflected image in the paint and slowly move your head. It's easier to see the smaller dimples that way.

Thanks for all the advice. I washed and waxed it this weekend and the single spot(or 2) I found "may" have already been there.:confused: My car isn't perfect, I can point out lots of imperfections but everyone else *thinks* it is. My wrangler has a broken side mirror and multiple dents in the hood due to the hail. I don't want a partial repaint on the GN and I don't see how it wouid quailfy for a complete repaint, quality job./:confused: I'll have the ins. person look at it along with the Jeep. My girlfriend was trying to quickly find her keys and get her car(05 FX35) out of the garage and I never even hinted at that.It's the thought that counts:smile:
Ross

I don't want a partial repaint on the GN and I don't see how it wouid quailfy for a complete repaint, quality job./:confused:

It sounds like the hail damage wasn't that severe, so I don't think any of the dents broke the paint. If the paint is not broken, the insurance company will write the estimate based on PDR (paintless dent repair) so you won't have to worry about it being partially painted. They will work the dents out from the inside or use hot glue to pull them out.

Guys, If you have Damage, Get in touch with us and we can get a guy to fix it for you OR we can fix it when we can. We are Paintless Hail Damage Repairman. We have repaired many GN's at the Buick meets. Dont repaint it!! no need to. We do use the lights and special tools to massage the dents right back out without hurting your finish. We are working the same hail storm that hit there, AND hit Atlanta GA so we are in GA working. But we contract with guys we TRUST and they can take care of you and your cars.

Check out our site. Welcome To My Website
Cheney Bro's

National Dent Inc
601-415-8318