Had to do in one of our own... kinda long

jasjamz

THS Racer
A local guy in Chicago has a white T-Type (not brer rabbit) and loves to street race. I like to watch but am not much of the street type due to all of the B.S that comes with it. So he has been picking at my pal and his broken LT-1 and since I'm not too fond of him my bud said he had a PRETTY MUCH STOCK;) GN that he could run. I hear he lost to a stock C6 vette that he let move first and lost another race the night before that. My turn!! After a walk around of his car at idle i see, a RJC FMIC, cable going under pass. seat,(big stuff) Alky,and a large turbo from the really deep tone. So, I tell two friends that if he spot me a car and let me move I would race him for a hundred bucks. He said no...head up! I declined due to his car having mods that a solid low 11 high ten car would have, but showed up at his local hot rod hang out. "What wrong with that GN right there?" he asked after I show up. "That's the one you're going to run!" my bud tells him. Well after and hour of negotiations he decides to give me the break for $200. Here's how it went.
Got to ogden and kostner, made him move the starting line up a car length due to a manhole at my starting spot.(1st trick) do the burnouts and when he was backing up from the 6 cars he went out checked mine to see if my warn BFG Dr's and VHT are working.(YEP:biggrin: ) Stage without boost and watch him boost up and leave(2nd trick) because his bud told I would be dumb enough to follow.:rolleyes: Now I see why he lost. Leaves like junk!!
My buddy says we gut this in the bag!! My quiet GN goes up to just under 0psi as he swells up on his car again and I creep to 0psi. He's getting impatient and starts to come down off his boost....I tear outta the hole and he follows!! Pull 2nd and he's 3 cars behind!! Pull 3rd and I'm 5 and running. I let off only to find he's still comming.:tongue: Back to WOT and across the finish line I go 3 to 4 cars ahead. So his crew is ticked because this quiet, stock intercooler, bald BFG just beat them. Yelled at him said his Intercooler was too big, go park his car because it was his third loss in three days and he didnt have a chance after they saw me leave:D !

That... Is... Nice...

You sir, have props from me.

Think you'll race him again anytime soon?

Have fun with your $200.

He came back the next day and wanted to run again. Giving me the same spot! I passed because alot of people heard about it and that hurts his pride:wink: . I just wanted his to stop being so annoying to my buds. Wasn't really about the money. But I will try to post if i know of any "meetings" going down. :wink:

Nice Jay, its a shame it had to be one of our own but thats racing. Nice job on the Wornout bfg's:biggrin:

Just in My Humble Opinion

I really think people shouldnt tell the names of the streets, freeways etc.

Ya BOY Big Brother, Im sure is watching and listening. Just My cents.

No big deal on naming the site this time...

Speaking from a law enforcement perspective----stopping drag racing is the last thing on the list of things to do in that area.

Speaking from a law enforcement perspective----stopping drag racing is the last thing on the list of things to do in that area.

LMAO!:D True, and that spot was one of the biggest street racing spots in Chicago. Street racing is not like it was 5-10 years ago. Now it seems that people want a sure thing. I can remember when the crowd was huge and the racers didn't care. It was almost like the were putting on a show. Now they dont want people to spectate, try to setup silly terms, or ask for ridiculous spots. EGOKILR, I dig what you are saying, but it has died off over in that spot so bad it really not a big deal.

No Problem

ROGER THAT, I have just seen in differnt posts on people trying to fish and Duhhhhhh. Hello we know what time it is;)