Grill 57 in Garner(outside Raleigh) July 20

Black Car

In Garner at Grill 57 (on hwy 401-just after 70-50 split, near Wal-mart) every 3rd Sat of each month in the summer, there is a car gathering. Grill 57 usually has a DJ with music for these gathering. Anywhere from 100 to over 400 cars of all kinds show up.

For July 20, Lets see how many GN & T-types (Ty & Sy are welcome too ) we can get to show up. If I can get a count, I will contact the manager of Grill 57 and see if he will allow me to "reserve" an area where we can all park together.

Any questions call or email me

Gary :cool:
(919) 662-7218
turbogn@nc.rr.com

heh. more details please...

What time do you recommend showing up at? How long will this last for? Would a crunchy daily driver like mine be considered in a "show" area?

Can I nitpick a little on the details of the directions? "on hwy 401-just after 70-50 split, near Wal-mart" I want to clarify this. If I was coming south on S. Saunder/70/401, I get to that big 70-401 split, and I go right on 401 S. Wal-mart is just ahead on my right. Isn't Grill 57 right up near the traffic light? On the right side? Or the left side? It's been a while since I've been over that way, now that I'm in Chapel Hill most of the time...

I got confused about the 70-50 split, b/c if I remember correctly, 50 splits off from 70 further down, like you're going toward clayton, like on the east side of Garner?

BTW, I'd recommend checking out GMMOC (GM Muscle Of the Carolinas) at :http://66.34.101.134/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cc8cc025d53ffff if you haven't checked them out before... (edited: I typo'd the link previously, it should work fine now...)

From I40 take exit 298 A, which is hwy 401/70/50, i.e. South Saunders Street. Go about 2 miles and hwy 401 split off to the right from 70/50 (this is before 70 & 50 split).
You will see Lowe in middle of the split.
Go pass the first traffic light (Mechanical Blvd) and Grill 57 is on the right about 1/2 block down.

Cars start showing up at 1:30 pm on. Usually it is first come get the best (closest to Grill 57) parking spaces.

The food is good. Here is a link to the menue
http://www.grill57.com/testmenu.htm

Usually I get there about 2 pm and get on the back side of the building near the tree. If we can get enought commited we may have to use the parking area near Staples.
Plus the far parking lot for the shopping center get filled up with cars too.

There is no time period that you have to stay which is why at time you can find a space near the building at 6-7 pm.
The DJ usually leaves about 9 pm and people start to leave there after.
Between 4 to 8 pm is the time when there are the most people there to look at the cars. If you are planing to attend (& what time you can get there), let me know by July 17 so that I can get (or try) spacing reserved.

There is no requirement about the car being show quality but many are. There are race cars (trailered in) to oldies of all kinds to brand new cars. There is no teling what kind of cars that you might see there.

Regards & see ya at the Lake Sunday.

Gary :cool:

hey gary dont think im going to the lake wish i could but no time i did get the car running this morning or should i say lunch 1200 all three wires on the starter where toasted all melted and loose the ends where really bad call me when you get back from the lake tonight and we will talk!!!!!! rick

The albatross of a GN SHOULD be running once and for all by then (Been saying that for over 2 months now) but this time I really really REALLY meanit...It may still look like crap but I should be there...any particular time this thing kicks off?

It use to work...

Originally posted by Two Lane
Greg, thanks for the link, but it's not working for me...

last week, it seemed about 50% active when I would try to link. This is kind of a bummer b/c this was local GM guys(triangle area)... It's had problems before, I'll be waiting for when it comes back online...

Mayor of Buzzard Rock, NC

Yup, Family/Home/Garage/Buick all in WNC, but spend lotsa time on the road.

See you somewhere soon, I'm sure. :)