Greatest song ever?

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Anybody ever heard Danzig's cover of the old Elvis song 'Trouble'?

yeah,it's on "thrall/demonsweat"...cool track...

you guys need to lay off classic rock radio...some of those songs really suck...:D

how bout-

sabbath-children of the grave
metallica-fade to black
slayer-seasons in the abyss
pantera-this love
suicidal tendencies-institutionalized
social distortion-ball and chain

any of these songs is better than most anything played on the classic rock station...remember,milli vanilli won a grammy...popular music doesn't always equal good music...:cool:

VanHalen: "Mean Street", or for Sammy fans "Summer Nights"
or anything by MC Hammer! or not

Nirvana-- "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Awesome video too.

Metallica-- "Harvester of Sarrow" and "Shortest Straw".

Rush sucks. Seriously. I heard the lead singer was a dude? If so, he should have been tested for the presence of testosterone in his body, I could have swore it sounded like a woman.

Out of curiosity, all you guys who put "newer" Metallica like "Enter Sandman", have you ever bothered to listen to any of their earlier stuff? Anything on or after the "Black" album sucks big time.

The Voice - Moody Blues

I rarely pay attention to lyrics, and usually abandon ship trying to figure them out when there's too much "symbolism" to wade through, but this one keeps drawing me back trying to figure it out. That, plus the fact that the very sound of it and the way it transitions always seems to magically tack about 25 mph onto the speedo by the end of the song....not sure why it has that effect.

Although I'm still totally baffled by the attention Metallica gets (I think they are talentless noise makers) I agree with Sam...Their earlier stuff was ALOT less terrible than the more recent.

Sam - you need some education in Rush. They've always been a favorite of mine (earlier stuff as well). I think though, you have to be a musician to really appreciate them.

I personally have a hard time picking ONE favorite. But - It would have to be a Boston song (something off the first 2 albums). I never get tired of hearing them (and I've been listening since they came out!)

Or TOOL (makes me violent so I try to avoid listening to them to long)

And of coarse - Marvin gaye.

Ok I better stop now.....

Whoever said Rush sucks needs a smack in the mouth. I CANT STAND classic rock crap,but Rush is so talented its sickening. I love OLDER Metallica[not the new junk]anything after Master of Pupets kinda lost it "metal" for me. There new album SUCKED!!!!. There really cant be a "best" song",everyone has a diffrent tatste,but get away from ther OLD classic garbage

The Beatles, just about anything from their catalog!

Black Sabbath, War pigs (especially relevant now)

Mountain, Missisippi queen!

Bach, Jesu, joy of mans desire (absolutely the most beautiful melody ever written)

Originally posted by turbosam6
Nirvana-- "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Awesome video too.

Out of curiosity, all you guys who put "newer" Metallica like "Enter Sandman", have you ever bothered to listen to any of their earlier stuff? Anything on or after the "Black" album sucks big time.

Yes I have, and I listed my favorite Metallica songs. That's why there is chocolate and vanilla bro', cause everyone likes different stuff.

It's like Curt Cobain and Nirvana. When that dude was alive, I wouldn't have walked across the street to watch a free concert by him. OK songwriter, sucked as a guitarist...but I'm a guitarist, what do I know. He always looked like he needed a shower too!:D

It would be impossible to say my favorite song from so many types of music, so I will do a song from the types of music I listen to.

Classic Rock: The Who- Young Man Blues/5:15 Live(Entwistle's 5 minute bass solo, AMAZING) Track is 13 mins long.

Close 2nd Would Be: Grand Funk- Closer To Home(I'm your Captain)

Modern Rock: Tool- Prison Sex.

Jazz: Buddy Rich- Dancing Men.

Jazz/Fusion: Jaco Pastorius- Teen Town Live In NY Vol. 7

Funk: George Clinton- Atomic Dog/Bopgun.

Funk/Soul: Tower of Power- Oakland Stroke.

:)

Sandbagger, it is obvious you are a true music lover not unlike myself. I am familiar, and like those songs you just mentioned.

Heck I could add the Blue Danube Waltz by Strauss!

I listen to a little bit of everything. Not much country though!

Having just come off the season... "Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24" by Savatage (made popular by Trans Siberian Orchestra)

Right up there with the entire "Animals" album by Pink Floyd.

Picking one song is tough with music from Rush, Black Sabbath, The Doors, Led Zepplin (Sorry Rich, I gotta include them cuz their CD's just 'fly' off the shelves :D )

Dan

I am going to have to cast my vote for Slow Ride by Foghat if you listen to it in your car it causes the little lights on your turbo boost gauge to light up.....

Originally posted by 8587GN
Whoever said Rush sucks needs a smack in the mouth.

That's no sh*t! Go out, buy a drum kit and TRY and copy Neil Peart's stuff then you'll see what people are trying to say. The only drummer I thing is any better is Carter Beauford from DMB....and I'm a guitar player :)

1812 overture- Tchaikovsky

brown eyed girl- van morison

regulate- warren G

jump- van halen

409- beach boys

there is not just one best song ever, it will fry my brain to even try to say one is better than the other, i could think of 200 best songs ever.

not the best ever but what a smart guy prince was for writing the catchy "1999" in like 1983. He knew eventually he was gonna get paid big time again come december 31st 1999.

Ozzy singing Staying Alive. :D

Stairway will always be the most popular choice.

Any Metallica before they sold out, And justice, Master etc
The black album and forward SUCK

I also like alot of The Offspring's music.

And Pantera's Regular People (conceit) just plain rocks.

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
1812 overture- Tchaikovsky

brown eyed girl- van morison

regulate- warren G

jump- van halen

409- beach boys

there is not just one best song ever, it will fry my brain to even try to say one is better than the other, i could think of 200 best songs ever.

not the best ever but what a smart guy prince was for writing the catchy "1999" in like 1983. He knew eventually he was gonna get paid big time again come december 31st 1999.
'Regulate', HAHAHA that is one of my guiltiest pleasures!
"Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole, Nate Dog is about to make some bodies turn cold. Now they jumpin' and yellin', it's a tad bit late. Nate Dog and Warren G had to regulate." Heck yes, I'm gonna have to pick up a copy of that tonight! :D

Originally posted by 1of1547
Ozzy singing Staying Alive. :D

Stairway will always be the most popular choice.

Any Metallica before they sold out, And justice, Master etc
The black album and forward SUCK

I also like alot of The Offspring's music.

And Pantera's Regular People (conceit) just plain rocks.
That's always been my favorite Pantera, hands down.:cool: